Jump to content
HarryWL

Entering Embassy without Passport.

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Long story short, CR1 case was expedite but at my embassy appointment they forgot to take payment and I didn't think anything of it till after I left embassy. 

 

I dropped them an email (London Embassy) and I was advised to drop by because payment can't be made by phone or online. I asked if not having my passport would be an issue to enter the embassy, but I was advised on bringing another form of ID and it shouldn't be an issue.

 

Scheduled to go back on December 6th, but I just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with entering the embassy without their passport? (for non-US Citizens). Mainly looking for some piece of mind to go with the email I received.

 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

don't worry 

they'll be checking your photo ID with passport info as they have it

why aren't you paying the fee online

it is green card fee?

It's the DS-260 Visa Application Fee, as my case was expedited it should have been paid at the embassy. It didn't come up in conversation so I didn't think anything of it till I realized after I left the Embassy 20 minutes later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

It's the DS-260 Visa Application Fee, as my case was expedited it should have been paid at the embassy. It didn't come up in conversation so I didn't think anything of it till I realized after I left the Embassy 20 minutes later. 

application fee for ds 260 is paid before u can even to the ds 260 online

what u need to pay now is actual green card processing fee 

 

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

 

it is best to pay before leaving as they do not process green card till this is paid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

application fee for ds 260 is paid before u can even to the ds 260 online

what u need to pay now is actual green card processing fee 

 

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

 

it is best to pay before leaving as they do not process green card till this is paid

 

My case was expedited through NVC, so no payments have been made. DS 260 fee and Green Card fee are separate. In most cases DS-260 would have already been paid via NVC, but as my case was expedited, that wasn't the case. 

Edited by HarryWL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

 

My case was expedited through NVC, so no payments have been made. DS 260 fee and Green Card fee are separate. In most cases DS-260 would have already been paid via NVC, but as my case was expedited, that wasn't the case. 

learn something new every day as  USCIS site says you can not access the DS 260 until fee is paid

 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/step-2-pay-fees.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

learn something new every day as  USCIS site says you can not access the DS 260 until fee is paid

 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/step-2-pay-fees.html

 

This is absolutely correct for cases that haven't been expedited. But once cases have been expedited, everything is directly handled by the embassy. Which makes having to reenter the embassy to pay the fee without having your passport an extremely rare occurrence. (If ever). But hopefully all goes smoothly and it doesn't present any road blocks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×