LunaEclipse

Scheduling Medical @ SLEC

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
38 minutes ago, LunaEclipse said:

I see. Thanks again! Might do my medical next week or week after. :)

Really? Cool! I hope everything goes well for your beloved. We may bump in to each other. Lol!

She will do it Thursday and Friday next week 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Allergies are not an issue.    The child's (age 14 and under) medical can be a 3 day process depending on when they collect blood.

Oh ok sir.. he's 5, so our medical might take 3 days. 😳 Thanks for the information sir 😁🙏

Timeline
On 11/29/2018 at 3:55 AM, LunaEclipse said:

Hello guys! First time to post here and ask questions. 

I got my MNL case number today and my fiance forwarded an attachment to me which says that my case is now being forward to the Manila Embassy. Here is my question, can I have my medical done without scheduling an appointment for the visa interview at USEM (since I have my MNL case number)? I want to complete my medical before Christmas.

If so, what are the steps to take? Can I have my medical as early as next week?

Looking forward for your answers.

Just tracked the package of petitions from NVC, scheduled to arrive in Manila on Monday December 3

YMMV

Timeline
28 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Just tracked the package of petitions from NVC, scheduled to arrive in Manila on Monday December 3

Thanks for the update! This is great to hear.

Did you already schedule an interview for your fiancee? Or are you planning on taking the same route as I which is to get the medical done first before scheduling the interview at USEM.

Timeline
1 minute ago, LunaEclipse said:

Did you already schedule an interview for your fiancee? Or are you planning on taking the same route as I which is to get the medical done first before scheduling the interview at USEM.

We will wait until ceac status says ready before scheduling the interview.   Medical is planned for later next week 

YMMV

We just did my fiances medical on Monday-Tuesday and her interview was on Wednesday. She was done with the medical by lunch both days and we stayed in the Casa Bocobo just a block (2mins walk) away so I could go get her and we walked 2-3 mins to Robinsons mall to shop and eat. There are 100s of restaurants there but there are cheaper ones on the street too.

After her medical we moved to a different hotel in the Birch tower and walked from there to the Embassy for her appt. on Wednesday. My fiance doesn't like to walk around a lot like I do but even though that looks like it's far on the map it was only a 10 minute walk to the embassy and not a problem at all. I thought it would be a good idea to walk for a while before her interview anyway because I knew she would be nervous.

We decided to not have her passport mailed back to her hometown so we are staying in Manila waiting for it. I have no idea how long it is going to take so we might end up spending a lot of money on hotels but I think thats better than it possibly getting lost going to her hometown where there are no street names or numbers on the houses. The "mailman" just has to find the people haha.

Edited by lolhahaha

Timeline
56 minutes ago, lolhahaha said:

We just did my fiances medical on Monday-Tuesday and her interview was on Wednesday. She was done with the medical by lunch both days and we stayed in the Casa Bocobo just a block (2mins walk) away so I could go get her and we walked 2-3 mins to Robinsons mall to shop and eat. There are 100s of restaurants there but there are cheaper ones on the street too.

After her medical we moved to a different hotel in the Birch tower and walked from there to the Embassy for her appt. on Wednesday. My fiance doesn't like to walk around a lot like I do but even though that looks like it's far on the map it was only a 10 minute walk to the embassy and not a problem at all. I thought it would be a good idea to walk for a while before her interview anyway because I knew she would be nervous.

We decided to not have her passport mailed back to her hometown so we are staying in Manila waiting for it. I have no idea how long it is going to take so we might end up spending a lot of money on hotels but I think thats better than it possibly getting lost going to her hometown where there are no street names or numbers on the houses. The "mailman" just has to find the people haha.

10 days to 2 weeks is typical.  It's not mailed but courier.  They don't get lost.  When the courier is in the area, they call.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
On 11/30/2018 at 9:49 AM, LunaEclipse said:

Check your ceac status,  ours went to ready today 

YMMV

Timeline
13 hours ago, payxibka said:

Check your ceac status,  ours went to ready today 

Hello! Just checked mine and it shows ready. :) I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

I'd probably do my medical by the 17th to 18th (due to work schedule, ugh!). Wishing your fiancee have a smooth and hassle free medical! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.