Jessandc

MMR, I-693, and CS in Memphis Area

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi VJers. I am now in process to apply for AOS from K1 Visa. I have a confusion related to DS-3205 and I-693. So I already did the physical exam and vaccinations (Tdap, Influenza, and Varicella) in my home country. I did not get the MMR vaccination since MMR vaccine currently unavailable from manufacturers in Indonesia. My DS-3205 (on page Vaccination Document Worksheet) is ticked Immigrant Visa or Parolee applicant completed vaccination requirements. Do I still need to find civil surgeon and have them to fill out the I-693 Form? Or just submit the medical result and vaccination record along with AOS package? I did get the MMR Vaccine in the US one week ago. So I have the MMR vaccination record now.

My husband and I already called more than 10 CS but they all insist that I must redo the whole medical exam which I don't need and cost expensive. We told them about the situation and only need them to transfer the information from DS-3205 to I-693. This is really frustrating :( I don't want my husband pay more just for something I don't need. I would really appreciate if anyone from the forum knows about a helpful CS in Memphis area.  I searched for the Memphis CS from Civil Surgeons who DON'T rip you off forum but I didn't get one. I would appreciate any suggestions or insight about this case. Thank you! :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

First, a question: how do you have your medical results? I thought the embassy kept it when you gave it to them during the interview. I thought it was also a part of the packet you give to CBP when entering the US. Kinda puzzled you still have the results. 

That being said, I would just submit the medical result and vaccination record along with the AOS package. Worst case is you have a RFE. If it turns out you need to go to a civil surgeon, I would show the civil surgeon this part of the I-693 instructions, which say:

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and (a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or (b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver.

(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 9. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 3., 4., 6., and 9. of Form I-693.

Good luck!

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi @usmsbow !  Sorry I mean I have the copy of medical result from embassy. The original medical result was given to the officer at POE :)  

Thank you for the idea! I really appreciate that :D I didn't think that way before. I'll go to some CSs and bring the print out of the I-693 instructions.

Once again thanks a lot! :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 2:01 PM, Jessandc said:

Hi VJers. I am now in process to apply for AOS from K1 Visa. I have a confusion related to DS-3205 and I-693. So I already did the physical exam and vaccinations (Tdap, Influenza, and Varicella) in my home country. I did not get the MMR vaccination since MMR vaccine currently unavailable from manufacturers in Indonesia. My DS-3205 (on page Vaccination Document Worksheet) is ticked Immigrant Visa or Parolee applicant completed vaccination requirements. Do I still need to find civil surgeon and have them to fill out the I-693 Form? Or just submit the medical result and vaccination record along with AOS package? I did get the MMR Vaccine in the US one week ago. So I have the MMR vaccination record now.

My husband and I already called more than 10 CS but they all insist that I must redo the whole medical exam which I don't need and cost expensive. We told them about the situation and only need them to transfer the information from DS-3205 to I-693. This is really frustrating :( I don't want my husband pay more just for something I don't need. I would really appreciate if anyone from the forum knows about a helpful CS in Memphis area.  I searched for the Memphis CS from Civil Surgeons who DON'T rip you off forum but I didn't get one. I would appreciate any suggestions or insight about this case. Thank you! :) 

Read this: 

and this:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.