Jump to content

Domestic travel while waiting for AoS Interview

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Should my wife present her AP/EAD combo card and passport to the TSA agent during domestic travel within the USA, or simply her passport? We are awaiting our AoS interview, so I am not sure if an overstay will show up during the TSA screening at the airport? Also, she will be carrying her I-797 receipts, marriage license and AP/EAD combo card. Do we need to bring original documents (I-797 and marriage license), or will copies suffice? 



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

TSA only cares that she’s the same person on the boarding pass. She can present anything that confirms that.


 Otherwise she’s only required to carry something showing she’s lawfully present. I don’t know who you would show a marriage certificate or I-797 receipts to in the course of a domestic flight.

Edited by bakphx1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...