Jump to content
tcksloth

N-400 Los Angeles - No Combo Interviews

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I've been following these threads on and off over the past few months and I recall at least two N-400 filers (with pending I-751's) who got interviews at the Los Angeles Field Office and were told they don't/can't do combo interviews.

 

It's a little hard to search this specific situation because it seems like most other offices across the country have continued to do the combo interviews.

 

Could anyone else who had N-400 interviews (with a pending I-751) at the LA office please post whether your interview was a combo?

 

Just wondering if it's still the new practice to NOT do combos in LA.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, tcksloth said:

 

Just wondering if it's still the new practice to NOT do combos in LA.

 

Haven't really heard that this is the new "practice". Two cases out of the many many I-751/N400 cases hardly makes it so. The majority still get combo interviews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

Haven't really heard that this is the new "practice". Two cases out of the many many I-751/N400 cases hardly makes it so. The majority still get combo interviews.

I completely agree. Just wondered if anyone could confirm that's the case * for the LA office * again because all of the instances of combo interviews seem to be at other offices (including the San Bernardino and other CA cities) but so far I haven't noticed any experiences posted about combo interviews * at the downtown LA field office * recently.

 

Instead, those few experiences, as statistically small as they are, appear to be the new norm at this specific field office in the absence of others, so I just want to see if anyone happens to have experiences confirming it really isn't the new norm.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, tcksloth said:

I completely agree. Just wondered if anyone could confirm that's the case * for the LA office * again because all of the instances of combo interviews seem to be at other offices (including the San Bernardino and other CA cities) but so far I haven't noticed any experiences posted about combo interviews * at the downtown LA field office * recently.

 

Instead, those few experiences, as statistically small as they are, appear to be the new norm at this specific field office in the absence of others, so I just want to see if anyone happens to have experiences confirming it really isn't the new norm.

 

 

LA could be having problems receiving and finding I-751's in time for N400 interviews or other issues that are affecting their ability to conduct combo interviews. But I don't think one field office has enough power to completely disallow combo interviews when all other field offices conduct them. That would probably have to be an agency-wide policy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

LA could be having problems receiving and finding I-751's in time for N400 interviews or other issues that are affecting their ability to conduct combo interviews. But I don't think one field office has enough power to completely disallow combo interviews when all other field offices conduct them. That would probably have to be an agency-wide policy.

 

To be honest, I'm not concerned with agency-wide policy in this context.

 

Referring to it as a "new practice" was probably my mistake here.

 

Whether it's because of delays or any other reason, my real concern is that I (and presumably thousands of others considering the population of the city) have an N-400 interview with pending I-751 coming up soon at the LA office and the only apparent experiences mentioned seem to be the ones where the 751 couldn't be adjudicated at the same time.

 

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of actual experiences in recent months of a combo interview actually happening at the LA field office.

 

So far, based on 1st person accounts, it appears to be no.

 

I'm preparing for one either way and hope everyone else is too, but it would be informative if this gets the attention of someone who had a different experience at this office recently.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tcksloth said:

 

To be honest, I'm not concerned with agency-wide policy in this context.

 

Referring to it as a "new practice" was probably my mistake here.

 

Whether it's because of delays or any other reason, my real concern is that I (and presumably thousands of others considering the population of the city) have an N-400 interview with pending I-751 coming up soon at the LA office and the only apparent experiences mentioned seem to be the ones where the 751 couldn't be adjudicated at the same time.

 

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of actual experiences in recent months of a combo interview actually happening at the LA field office.

 

So far, based on 1st person accounts, it appears to be no.

 

I'm preparing for one either way and hope everyone else is too, but it would be informative if this gets the attention of someone who had a different experience at this office recently.

 

 

I wonder to know the same. I would like to know if LA office is not processing combo interviews at all, or just some isolated cases. 

 

The last cases that I hear they didn’t process combo interview in LA. 

 

So so please if somebody had different experience, post here in the comments. Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×