Daviddurango

K1 visa in administrative process

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everyone.

I had my interview on Friday November 23 to get the k1 visa, and a visa for my daughter, it was really long, they did not ask me many questions, but the consul took a lot of time reviewing all the documents, at the end of the interview she told me that it would be with all the package and passports but the case was in administrative process, so he did not deny it but we were not approved either. someone else went through this? how late? and what was the answer? thanks for your help.

Hola a todos.

Tuve mi entrevista el viernes 23 de noviembre para obtener la visa k1, y una visa para mi hija, fue muy larga, no me hicieron muchas preguntas, pero el cónsul se tomó mucho tiempo revisando todos los documentos, al final de la entrevista me dijo que sería con todo el paquete y los pasaportes, pero que el caso estaba en proceso administrativo, por lo que no lo negó, pero tampoco fuimos aprobados. Alguien más pasó por esto? que tan tarde y cual fue la respuesta gracias por tu ayuda.

a todos.

Tuve mi 

párrafo Obtener k1 la visa, y Una visa para mi hija, Larga FUE Muy, no me hicieron Muchas Preguntas, Pero el cónsul se tomo mucho tiempoo Revisando todos los Documentos, al final de de la Entrevista Me Dijo Que Seria Con Todo el paquete y Los Pasaportes, pero que no fue un proceso administrativo. Alguien más pasó por esto? que tan tars por tu ayuda.

7 hours ago, Daviddurango said:

Hello everyone.

I had my interview on Friday November 23 to get the k1 visa, and a visa for my daughter, it was really long, they did not ask me many questions, but the consul took a lot of time reviewing all the documents, at the end of the interview she told me that it would be with all the package and passports but the case was in administrative process, so he did not deny it but we were not approved either. someone else went through this? how late? and what was the answer? thanks for your help.

After an interview the interviewing CO is responsible to review what was said at the interview with what is contained in your case file and adjudicate a decision. An approval does not happen till you have your visa in your hands. Everyone experiences this procedure. With the holidays and all you may not hear anything for another week or two.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

After an interview the interviewing CO is responsible to review what was said at the interview with what is contained in your case file and adjudicate a decision. An approval does not happen till you have your visa in your hands. Everyone experiences this procedure. With the holidays and all you may not hear anything for another week or two.

Yes i am in the same situation.. co give us very confusing response when i asked her about my approval..!  She said mmm yes..! And then give me a good expression.. thats it.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

And 5th nov was my interview date,. And twice my date was updated..but status is still application received and it change immigrant to non immigrant..

28 minutes ago, Amnazaid said:

And 5th nov was my interview date,. And twice my date was updated..but status is still application received and it change immigrant to non immigrant..

When the Embassy is ready to issue a visa, it will change to "Nonimmigrant Visa Application"; at that time, you will know that you are a few days away from getting the visa. It will go from "Immigrant Visa Application" to "Nonimmigrant Visa Application" status and then your visa changes to "Ready" ==> "Administrative Processing" ==>> "Issued" status as well. These steps sometimes transpire over a day or even a few days. Some smaller Embassy's it happens within hours.

Sometimes, it might skip "Administrative Processing" and go from "Ready" to "Issued".

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.