Cristel

After second interview cr1, how long it takes to get a decision?

19 posts in this topic

On April 12,2018 i had my interview at the consulate of Johannesburg and the visa was approved, but i received a letter after a week that our application was subject to administrative processing processing...... On July 19, 2018, we was asked to appear in front of the Cape Consulate at 1:30 pm for the dual interview. We were interviewed me and my wife the same day, my wife on the phone since she is in the United States. After the interview, I asked about the result. He told me that he had just been contacted to do the interview, the decision will be made by the Johannesburg consulate. So since then, seven months down we are still waiting and this process is very stressful. Can someone help?

• 4 months later...

There was i think few questions that we answered differently.  Like what kind of gifts that she received at the wedding "I said African clothes and She said money ". There was any family members from her side who was at the wedding "I said her sister (cousin) and she said none. And I and my wife we are almost 10 years difference of ages, so i am not sure if those are red flags .

20 hours ago, Cristel said:

There was i think few questions that we answered differently.  Like what kind of gifts that she received at the wedding "I said African clothes and She said money ". There was any family members from her side who was at the wedding "I said her sister (cousin) and she said none. And I and my wife we are almost 10 years difference of ages, so i am not sure if those are red flags .

Hmm, well to even be subjected to a Stokes interview, there must have been red flags that preceded the differing answers.  Is your wife older?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cristel said:

I am older, my wife 29 years and am 38 years old. We are really confused 

This is not looking good.

7 months in AP and two interviews sounds like a big problem.

Were all your paperwork intact and why did you have to make up stories when you were both interviewed?

Meaning one of you was lying anyway.

Dont know what this is but sounds like a big problem.

The first interview i was asked with who i live and i answered " with my sister and two kids. After a week instead of receiving a passport with a visa i received an email that my application was subject to AP, and a month or so i received a called from the consular asking me questions about my sister, why my surname and her surname differ my answer was because she is my cousin and by us we called sister and they asked me if i can send her documents (marriage certificate, birth certificate of her two kids and her water utility bills...) that was sent, and i also clarified that she live in the big house with her kids and i have my separate entrance at the back. I think that was their red flag....... But i proved my relationship with her so why is still taking long?

Edited by Cristel

On 4/3/2019 at 10:27 AM, Zaczon said:

This is not looking good.

7 months in AP and two interviews sounds like a big problem.

Were all your paperwork intact and why did you have to make up stories when you were both interviewed?

Meaning one of you was lying anyway.

Dont know what this is but sounds like a big problem.

We didn't make up stories, just we give different answers of what is true. All our paperwork was intact in order that is why i was not given a white or blue papers, i was given a Pamphlets of domestic violence in the United States

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 4/2/2019 at 2:48 PM, Cristel said:

"I said her sister (cousin) and she said none. 

I think this answer will be an issue.

How can you both be telling the truth if one said her sister(cousin) came when the she said none of her family was there? 

You may think it’s true / just different answers but this is not what the the officer will think.

the fact that you will need to explain to us why you are not lying or making up stories with that different answer is exactly why it sounds like a big problem to us.  

4 minutes ago, Muffinji said:

I think this answer will be an issue.

How can you both be telling the truth if one said her sister(cousin) came when the she said none of her family was there? 

You may think it’s true / just different answers but this is not what the the officer will think.

the fact that you will need to explain to us why you are not lying or making up stories with that different answer is exactly why it sounds like a big problem to us.  

There's blood sister and extended families, and i think if she did said none because none of her biological family attended the marriage because of the cost of traveling, but her extended family (cousin) was there. That is why i said it was a true answer but in different ways 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Cristel said:

There's blood sister and extended families, and i think if she did said none because none of her biological family attended the marriage because of the cost of traveling, but her extended family (cousin) was there. That is why i said it was a true answer but in different ways 

You don’t seem to get it yet. I’ll say it right to the point. Yes, you just explained it to us, we get it. 

However, you are not able to explain that to whoever interviewed both of you. So whoever interviewed you both will only know that they asked a question that should have been an obvious same answer but they got a different answer.

because let’s be honest, it’s rare that a couple at a wedding will not know who their spouse considers as ‘family’ and ‘not family’. 

We are trying to explain to you the issues / problems we are seeing with your case which might be causing the delay but if you insist that those aren’t issues to YOU instead of thinking in the viewpoint of those in charge, it’s not going to change anything. 

Note that yes, you can explain it to us here but we aren’t the ones making the decision and the ones making the decision are not privy to your explanations. 

Hopefully you get a reply back from them soon. I understand that the whole uncertainty of being nowhere is the worst thing to happen, but these things tend happen for a reason (most of the time). Good luck.

6 minutes ago, Muffinji said:

You don’t seem to get it yet. I’ll say it right to the point. Yes, you just explained it to us, we get it. 

However, you are not able to explain that to whoever interviewed both of you. So whoever interviewed you both will only know that they asked a question that should have been an obvious same answer but they got a different answer.

because let’s be honest, it’s rare that a couple at a wedding will not know who their spouse considers as ‘family’ and ‘not family’. 

We are trying to explain to you the issues / problems we are seeing with your case which might be causing the delay but if you insist that those aren’t issues to YOU instead of thinking in the viewpoint of those in charge, it’s not going to change anything. 

Note that yes, you can explain it to us here but we aren’t the ones making the decision and the ones making the decision are not privy to your explanations. 

Hopefully you get a reply back from them soon. I understand that the whole uncertainty of being nowhere is the worst thing to happen, but these things tend happen for a reason (most of the time). Good 

17 minutes ago, Muffinji said:

Hopefully you get a reply back from them soon. I understand that the whole uncertainty of being nowhere is the worst thing to happen, but these things tend happen for a reason (most of the time). Good luck.

I understand what you mean, but the consideration and understanding of the questions depends on the ability of the person, so she told me (my wife) that she thought it was about the blood family. As you said, I can explain now it will not change anything because the officer who interviewed us dealt with two different answers. We pray for the best and get approval soon. Thank you for your help 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.