Jump to content

Help about being Convicted

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

 Anybody here  got the same case as my  dad's case?I Petition him to come to U.S. but then when he tried getting NBI Clearance there was a problem.The NBI attorney told him that he has a record and that they need to go the place where he got convicted.So my dad went to the court and they got a clearance from the court saying he has been charged before the court for gambling filed on June 1976 and said accused was convicted and  post fine for P10.And at the end of the clearance it says that he doesn't have pending case filed against him before this court to date.So they bring that back to the NBI and my dad got the NBI clerance where it says "no criminal record "My question was is there possibility he will get deny for getting a visa?On the DS260 form there was a question there asking about criminal history.Example was "Have you been arrested or convicted for any crime eventhough subject of pardon,amnesty or other similar action"?I would put yes to this as an answer?shall I put no because this was way back 1976 and it says in the clerance he doesn't have pending case or' no criminal record in his NBI clearance?Can somebody please give me answer.Thank you.


P.S. I'm still waiting for my invoice number.My.petition for my parents got approved and they send the application to the visa center in Portsmouth NH.I'm just thinking ahead of time what we gonna encounter about this case he had before I'll choose agent,pay for everything etc.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

He absolutely must answer “yes” to that question in the DS-260. Never assume answering “yes” to such questions will automatically lead to a denial. Never lie at any stage of this process. Answer truthfully and follow the required steps. If he is eligible (and it looks like he may be) then he is eligible. If he’s not, there’s nothing you can do about it. You can’t change his eligibility. 






Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.