Umka36

Protesters call for boycott of Kirkland Menchie’s yogurt shop, and more

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

One of my staff mentioned this to me through her social media as I don't participate in such avenue for news. The Menchie's in the story is not far from our workplace.

I agree that Byran Ragland was treated unfairly based on the following:

"When police responded to the scene, Ragland said the first thing they said was that he had to leave. Eventually, officers became aware of Ragland’s job and his reason for being in the store.

“I gave them my name initially,” Ragland said. “My client who was with me, she reassured them, ‘He’s with us; he’s working; what’s going on?'”

Still, officers instructed Ragland to move along. Ragland opted not to argue with police. He, along with the woman and child, left the store. Kirkland police have now launched an investigation to determine if officers acted within protocol. The department has also issued a public apology to Ragland..."

However he lost me when he said the following (the owner is Hispanic mind you):

“Let me tell you what I think we should do, what is going to make me feel safer in this community, let me tell you what I think is going to inspire change,” he said. “I think we need to make sure Ramon Cruz is unable to renew his business license here. And when the lease for this store is up, we need to make sure that Byron Ragland has the capital and resources to purchase this Menchie’s and the two other restaurants he owns in this community. That would be a good place to start. That would make me feel a little bit better. That would be a look in the right direction and that is how you punish white supremacy and anti-black behavior – you hit it hard and you hit it fast right in its pockets.”

http://mynorthwest.com/1191647/kirkland-menchies-yogurt-protest/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
18 hours ago, Umka36 said:

One of my staff mentioned this to me through her social media as I don't participate in such avenue for news. The Menchie's in the story is not far from our workplace.

I agree that Byran Ragland was treated unfairly based on the following:

"When police responded to the scene, Ragland said the first thing they said was that he had to leave. Eventually, officers became aware of Ragland’s job and his reason for being in the store.

“I gave them my name initially,” Ragland said. “My client who was with me, she reassured them, ‘He’s with us; he’s working; what’s going on?'”

Still, officers instructed Ragland to move along. Ragland opted not to argue with police. He, along with the woman and child, left the store. Kirkland police have now launched an investigation to determine if officers acted within protocol. The department has also issued a public apology to Ragland..."

However he lost me when he said the following (the owner is Hispanic mind you):

“Let me tell you what I think we should do, what is going to make me feel safer in this community, let me tell you what I think is going to inspire change,” he said. “I think we need to make sure Ramon Cruz is unable to renew his business license here. And when the lease for this store is up, we need to make sure that Byron Ragland has the capital and resources to purchase this Menchie’s and the two other restaurants he owns in this community. That would be a good place to start. That would make me feel a little bit better. That would be a look in the right direction and that is how you punish white supremacy and anti-black behavior – you hit it hard and you hit it fast right in its pockets.”

http://mynorthwest.com/1191647/kirkland-menchies-yogurt-protest/

I agree with your last point.  Everyone involved has voceriferously apologized, yet that is not enough for some, they want a pound of flesh for a simple mis-understanding.  

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!