DanyalW

Delays in biometrics appointments?

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I wanted to find out if anyone is experiencing delays in biometrics appointments? I filed my AOS almost 3 months ago and I haven't received a biometrics appointment yet. This seems highly unusual as most people receive their appointment in 3-5 weeks. Who should I contact about this if it is highly unusual?

Thanks!

Danyal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Just checked your timeline. Not surprisingly your are another late-August filer. It seems like something went wrong with late August cases.

Have you called USCIS to ask them to submit a service request for you?

I am a late August filer too and I had waited for my biometrics appointment mail for two months since I filed the AOS package.

I called USCIS one month after I filed AOS package and not received bio appointment. Then half a month later I finally got my biometrics appointment notice in mail.

Edited by Lin2018

Timeline
1 minute ago, DanyalW said:

Thanks so much! Did you just call the general USCIS number?

Yes. And you will be entering your case number. Try to talk to a representative.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to Adjustment of Status from K Visas Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 2 months later...

Hi @Lin2018,

I wanted to follow up with you again about this - what exactly is a service request? When I called and told them I hadn't received my biometrics (and I STILL haven't), they told me that my case is not outside of processing times, so there's nothing they can do. However, if I have to wait until 6 months just to request biometrics, surely that is going to make the whole process A LOT longer? So I just wanted to ask exactly what you asked for that ended up helping.

Thanks!

Timeline
24 minutes ago, DanyalW said:

Hi @Lin2018,

I wanted to follow up with you again about this - what exactly is a service request? When I called and told them I hadn't received my biometrics (and I STILL haven't), they told me that my case is not outside of processing times, so there's nothing they can do. However, if I have to wait until 6 months just to request biometrics, surely that is going to make the whole process A LOT longer? So I just wanted to ask exactly what you asked for that ended up helping.

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that. 

It was weird that the representative said something about not outside of processing. Even the NOA notice says it might take up to 60 days to receive biometrics letter. I believe whoever he is, he didn't know what he was doing.  

Well, my experience was not complicated. I called USCIS once before it had been one month since I got NOA mail. The lady on the other side said it could take me up to one month to receive it and asked me to wait. Then after one month still nothing so I called again. This time I explained that it's been a month still nothing. Then he submitted an service request for me and told me the reference number. That's all. He knew something must be wrong, so he didn't ask for more and just went ahead to submit a service request. 

You should have asked for advice earlier. Well, now you are supposed to call USCIS as soon as possible because they won't approve anything if the fingerprints review is not done.  Hopefully this time you'll get someone who knows what he's doing.

Edited by Lin2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.