ashcashbananas

document cover sheetttt

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have 2 questions!

1. What are examples of documents I can send for Proof of Domicile? (I live in the US)

2. What are examples of "Other Supporting Documents"?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can clear this up for me, I'm almost done with this. 

55 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

I have 2 questions!

1. What are examples of documents I can send for Proof of Domicile? (I live in the US)

2. What are examples of "Other Supporting Documents"?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can clear this up for me, I'm almost done with this. 

Read the instructions carefully, and you will find all the necessary answers. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

For the proof of domicile, I just submitted my utility bills for the past 6 months and my bank statements, and they were accepted.

Good luck! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, CJlove said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

For the proof of domicile, I just submitted my utility bills for the past 6 months and my bank statements, and they were accepted.

Good luck! 

Thank you!

Timeline
1 hour ago, CJlove said:

Good luck! 

Also, I have read those instructions. I still don't understand the last section on the Document Cover Sheet "Other Supporting Documents." Someone told me she send copies of chat logs and pictures.

Is this what they are asking for?

1 minute ago, ashcashbananas said:

Also, I have read those instructions. I still don't understand the last section on the Document Cover Sheet "Other Supporting Documents." Someone told me she send copies of chat logs and pictures.

Is this what they are asking for?

First of all, which partner of supporting documents are you referring to? 1) financial 2) proof of relationship? 

If its 1) financial, the descriptions are specific on the link. If it’s 2) I submitted our photos together and that was enough at the time. Our chat logs, emails, letters and our travel plane tickets were shown during the time of interview. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, CJlove said:

First of all, which partner of supporting documents are you referring to? 1) financial 2) proof of relationship? 

If its 1) financial, the descriptions are specific on the link. If it’s 2) I submitted our photos together and that was enough at the time. Our chat logs, emails, letters and our travel plane tickets were shown during the time of interview. 

aos.png

8 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

aos.png

That is if you wrote something on the last section, additional information colum, you would want to support it. In my experience, you don’t have to worry about that. I submitted everything that was listed above and no other evidence was required. If you submit all the things that they SPECIFICALY ask for are met, then you wouldn’t need it. Just make sure you have all the supporting documents that ask for as listed. Then you shouldn’t have a problem. 

I understand the anxiety for I’ve been there too myself and you want everything to be perfect. Just make sure you have everything they ask as stated clearly on the list. If you have other information that may help your case, then you would support it under “additional information.” I hope this helps. 

One example of additional information (other supporting document) in my case was the letter of employment because I started work last year mid July. So I had my boss write a letter with my annual income and signed. :)

Edited by CJlove

Timeline
4 minutes ago, CJlove said:

That is if you wrote something on the last section, additional information colum, you would want to support it. In my experience, you don’t have to worry about that. I submitted everything that was listed above and no other evidence was required. If you submit all the things that they SPECIFICALY ask for are met, then you wouldn’t need it. Just make sure you have all the supporting documents that ask for as listed. Then you shouldn’t have a problem. 

I understand the anxiety for I’ve been there too myself and you want everything to be perfect. Just make sure you have everything they ask as stated clearly on the list. If you have other information that may help your case, then you would support it under “additional information.” I hope this helps. 

One example of additional information in my case was the letter of employment because I started work last year mid July. So I had my boss write a letter with my annual income and signed. :)

Thank you kindly. ☺️

5 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

Thank you kindly. ☺️

You’re welcome and just FYI, I didn’t submit social security earning statement. It was not necessary. However, don’t forget your beneficiary’s police certificate. I forgot to submit that and my case got deleted few weeks. Again, just FYI. 

For all rhe translations, I used immitranslate.com they are reliable and accepted by USCIS and NVC. Plus, it’s fast and affordable. Incase you need it. 

In the meantime your beneficiary should gather informations for the DS260. Review the questions and gather information. One of the question was like listing all the address my hubby was living since the age of 7. Which dates far back!! 

Timeline

In the meantime your beneficiary should gather informations for the DS260. Review the questions and gather information. One of the question was like listing all the address my hubby was living since the age of 7. Which dates far back!! 

Thank you for all this info!! I already have all the beneficiary's documents and they were translated in his country by one of the Sworn translators on the list that we were given to choose from. We have everything now, thank God. So all I was concerned with was proving my domicile and the supporting document thing. I'll send a copy of my rent payments and utility bill payments. :) thank you sooo much.

(& also luckily my husband has lived at the same address since that age so we lucked out 😅 wheeeeeew)

6 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

Thank you for all this info!! I already have all the beneficiary's documents and they were translated in his country by one of the Sworn translators on the list that we were given to choose from. We have everything now, thank God. So all I was concerned with was proving my domicile and the supporting document thing. I'll send a copy of my rent payments and utility bill payments. :) thank you sooo much.

(& also luckily my husband has lived at the same address since that age so we lucked out 😅 wheeeeeew)

Good! I hope you get the interview date soon. My case started in September 2017. His interview was last Friday. Unfortunately, the embassy didn’t want to include my child support as part of my income so he needs another sponsor by Wednesday. Very frustrating. Child support was accepted by USCIS and NVC but the embassy turned him down. Luckily my friend is vouching for us, so my fingers are crossed. My journey is almost over but good luck to you. Be patient and you will get there soon too. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, CJlove said:

Good! I hope you get the interview date soon. My case started in September 2017. His interview was last Friday. Unfortunately, the embassy didn’t want to include my child support as part of my income so he needs another sponsor by Wednesday. Very frustrating. Child support was accepted by USCIS and NVC but the embassy turned him down. Luckily my friend is vouching for us, so my fingers are crossed. My journey is almost over but good luck to you. Be patient and you will get there soon too. 

Thanks ❤️❤️ 

My case started July 2017. There were issues with the IRS filing my 2017 taxes and they FINALLY finished them this month. So now we move on, finally.

Edited by ashcashbananas

Timeline

Also, that is INSANE. I can't believe the embassy turned him down even though the NVC approved it. That's just crazy.

Maybe the NVC only approved that the documentation was there???

Just now, ashcashbananas said:

Also, that is INSANE. I can't believe the embassy turned him down even though the NVC approved it. That's just crazy.

Maybe the NVC only approved that the documentation was there???

This whole process is INSANE... It drained every energy out of me.  But the embassy has the final say, I suppose... Lucikly, the only thing they asked for was another sponsor and we have that so. I am confident that it will be good enough. It’s been a long long long journey... We can finally enjoy Christmas and new year together. FINALLY.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.