Gamisha

AoS from K1 for a previous J1 holder subject to the 2 years rule (satisfied though)

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello,

I am a K1 holder. Soon I will be entering the US, marry my fiancé and apply for the Adjustment of Status. I am starting to gather all the documentation needed for the application. Although, I have a particular situation: I previously held a J1 visa that was subject to the 2-year foreign residence requirement. I have complied with the requirement, but I want to make sure the evidences I am providing to demonstrate so are in fact enough:

- letters from my employer (only 1 of the two years though)

- letter from my father saying I stayed at his house for 1 year

- letter from a college where I was hosted for 10 months

- letter from a friend whose apartment I was hosted for couple months

- bank statements for the whole period showing that I was making purchases in my home country

Unfortunately, during this period I never had an actual rental agreement because I was mostly hosted at places. Neither I had utility bills on my name. Also, I only worked for 1 of the 2 years. I really hope though the evidences I am providing are enough.

Would this make it harder to get the AoS? and what about the Advance Parole?

Thank you so much.

Camilla

Edited by Gamisha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That sounds pretty good to me! Are you are to obtain the I-94 for you leaving the US after your J1 as well to show the date that you left the US?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.