Jump to content

Military Records and Experience

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, lil.han said:

My fiancé has experience in the British army. He has all his discharge paperwork and had an honorable discharge. Will this cause any kind of problem at the interview? 

No. I believe they want to see his paperwork to make sure is is not active British military.  And I suppose depending on what his area was, they may run his name through an extra Security check...you know if he was an explosives expert, chemical warfare...terrorist sounding skills. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I too served in a foreign military, as mentioned above supply any discharge paperwork he might have. Also with regards to some of the questions in the forms regarding weapons training and such, answer honestly and provide an explanation regarding service

Edited by ProudlyConfused

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.