3 posts in this topic

I'm in preparation mode to fill out the visa application later today. I'm looking over the example provided online and am not sure how to list the address history since age 16. Is this the address list of everywhere his feet have been or is it where his residency is established. He spent lots of time in the DR but doesn't have residency there. On the I-130A we listed both DR and Haiti. I'm assuming we list these addresses as the I-130A but back further until age 16. This brings up another question because on the I-130A we stated that address history before 2/2015 was uncertain because his passport was stolen but that he had been in and out of Haiti to the DR going as far back as 2012 which completes the 5 year address requirement. He first started going to the DR in 2008; how do we show this with an online visa application and have everything correlate with the I-130A. The I-130A is truthful and he did have trouble remembering when we were filing that. It's just we aren't sure how to do the address history now for the visa application in relation to what was already filed.

You can't live someplace you don't really have residency, however when I did my internship in the USA I listed that address as I had mail delievered there and a police report. 

So did he get mail in the DR or was he just visiting?  If just visiting then use his permanent address.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

On 11/14/2018 at 1:47 PM, NikLR said:

You can't live someplace you don't really have residency, however when I did my internship in the USA I listed that address as I had mail delievered there and a police report. 

So did he get mail in the DR or was he just visiting?  If just visiting then use his permanent address.  

He has gotten things there, yes. Most Haitians when they leave Haiti to work in the DR get only a tourist visa, but this leaves them open to abuse from Dominicans. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.