Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jose De Leon

Caregiver visa?

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am a u.s. citizen  and have a vacatioj now in the philippines but it is not suddenly happen that i am sick

And  bring me to hospital. And now i am now slightly ok but the doctor advise that i need a companion for going back to america at the same time as my caregiver. My decision is to get with me my nephew as my companion. How can i get a visa for him?i hope to give me immidiately response as soon as possible. Thank you and God bless...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

**** Post split from thread in K3 visa about another matter and moved here. *****

There is no caregiver visa as such.  Your nephew can apply for a B2 visa to accompany you on the flight and do some tourist stuff when he gets to the USA.  However, he cannot work on that visa (because that would take away a job from a legal resident).  If you truly need medical attention during the trip home, your travel insurance may cover  a professional to accompany you.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you not buy medevac insurance coverage with your health insurance?  Many travel policies have this as an option. Check your US based policy.


It also sounds like you intend for him to remain in the US and work for you.  This is not the possible.  Arrange for someone in the US to look for a caregiver or service if that is what you need.

Edited by CEE53147

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.