3 posts in this topic

Hi,

It's been a while since I last posted but nothing new has happened. My Biometrics was in April, I received my work authorization and travel document back at the end of July. I wondered if anyone could give advice on what would be best for me and my husband to bring to the interview, when it is scheduled. Our situation currently is, we live with his mother as we are planning to move to a different State once we have saved up so only evidence for that we could bring is proof of us both living at this address. My husband is the only one at the moment who works, it isn't easy in the rural area we live to get a job although I have had a few leads, we are able to collect his pay stubs as his job now is different from when we first filed. We have photos of us, including the wedding pictures and our marriage license and certificate. We also share a joint bank account and when his job eventually makes him a permanent employee, my husband is putting me on his medical insurance. I'm just concerned we do not have enough, as I have read other people's cases where they have plenty of evidence, although they also have their own apartments/houses and bills they share.

19 minutes ago, Cultclassic92 said:

Hi,

It's been a while since I last posted but nothing new has happened. My Biometrics was in April, I received my work authorization and travel document back at the end of July. I wondered if anyone could give advice on what would be best for me and my husband to bring to the interview, when it is scheduled. Our situation currently is, we live with his mother as we are planning to move to a different State once we have saved up so only evidence for that we could bring is proof of us both living at this address. My husband is the only one at the moment who works, it isn't easy in the rural area we live to get a job although I have had a few leads, we are able to collect his pay stubs as his job now is different from when we first filed. We have photos of us, including the wedding pictures and our marriage license and certificate. We also share a joint bank account and when his job eventually makes him a permanent employee, my husband is putting me on his medical insurance. I'm just concerned we do not have enough, as I have read other people's cases where they have plenty of evidence, although they also have their own apartments/houses and bills they share.

Tax transcripts you filed together. A letter from your spouse's mother stating that you are both living under her roof. The bank statements since you opened the account highlighting your name as a joint owner. You can also ask friends and/or neighbor to write a statement/letter stating how they know you and your relationship. If there is any bill that is under your spouse's name try to add your name in it if possible. Like a phone line or even store rewards membership. I personally do not think that he needs to be permanent in his job in order to add you in his medical insurance. 

He's still awaiting as his job won't give them that until he's a permanent employee which should be this month. I am under his phone plan as well so I could see about getting something printed off to show that. His mother is not willing to help under any circumstances so I will have to ask my brother in laws and sister in law to help with writing up a letter/statement. I am also filed on his 2017 tax return which we have copies of.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.