Lillyandkip

Frankfurt interview scheduling

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone!

We just got a case complete at NVC and the email stated that there will be an interview scheduled for me.

When we went through the K1 process a couple years ago, I was able to schedule my own interview with the embassy online. Does anyone know if this is different for the IR1 now?

I would very much prefer to schedule my own interview because I'm still working and can't just take off two whole days on a short notice.

I will send them an email about it tomorrow but in the past I have only gotten pretty unhelpful automated responses back, referring to their website.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lillyandkip said:

Hi everyone!

We just got a case complete at NVC and the email stated that there will be an interview scheduled for me.

When we went through the K1 process a couple years ago, I was able to schedule my own interview with the embassy online. Does anyone know if this is different for the IR1 now?

I would very much prefer to schedule my own interview because I'm still working and can't just take off two whole days on a short notice.

I will send them an email about it tomorrow but in the past I have only gotten pretty unhelpful automated responses back, referring to their website.

for the CR1 the interview is scheduled by NVC you can not schedule your own, once there is an interview set you can send an email to the embassy asking them to reschedule but then you run the risk of it being further out.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

for the CR1 the interview is scheduled by NVC you can not schedule your own, once there is an interview set you can send an email to the embassy asking them to reschedule but then you run the risk of it being further out.

Okay thank you for your answer! Do you know how far in advance they schedule those interviews?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lillyandkip said:

Okay thank you for your answer! Do you know how far in advance they schedule those interviews?

I got my husbands interview letter first of July, his interview wasn't until the end of Aug

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Lillyandkip said:

In my opinion, I would say based on others in your country, you are looking to get interview letter in the next few days, if you don't get one with in a week, you will get it end of November for the January interview time.

I am of course guessing based on the timeline of others.

its an average of 144 days to interview from when you got NOA2.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

In my opinion, I would say based on others in your country, you are looking to get interview letter in the next few days, if you don't get one with in a week, you will get it end of November for the January interview time.

I am of course guessing based on the timeline of others.

its an average of 144 days to interview from when you got NOA2.

awesome thank you! I will browse through some German timelines tomorrow. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.