fluffykim

How many went to their fiance interviews?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, angelbrown said:

Have you stayed at any resorts? Or taken any trips to other parts of the islands where maybe you stayed?  Many hotel/resorts require all occupants names to be listed. Or maybe car rentals? 

he owns a car, and we stay at a boutique hotels that i book ahead of time.  they never ask for his name or ID...not all inclusives

I have tons of pics, etc.  

we are at the same boutique hotel for new years, i could ask the owner to add him if you think thats helpful?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

he owns a car, and we stay at a boutique hotels that i book ahead of time.  they never ask for his name or ID...not all inclusives

I have tons of pics, etc.  

we are at the same boutique hotel for new years, i could ask the owner to add him if you think thats helpful?

Pics are considered secondary bc you can take thousand of pics on one visit. But still submit some showing both of you as well as family/friends in the pics. As far as the hotel, it would be best to submit with your package vs hoping to be able to show at the interview. But yes, still get them to add him. Also did you see my previous comment about joint back account? I edited to add that in. 

Timeline
Just now, angelbrown said:

Pics are considered secondary bc you can take thousand of pics on one visit. But still submit some showing both of you as well as family/friends in the pics. As far as the hotel, it would be best to submit with your package vs hoping to be able to show at the interview. But yes, still get them to add him. Also did you see my previous comment about joint back account? I edited to add that in. 

ok ok..well i have all my hotel and airline and passport items that match the dates of the pics.  i will ask for all future hotels to add him for sure

Timeline
26 minutes ago, angelbrown said:

Each person’s case is different, as are the embassies. As @Jenny17655 said, embassy specific responses are best. I don’t know why ppl say JA is a high fraud country🙄🤷🏽‍♀️. The best thing to do is submit a solid package from first. When your fiancé goes to the interview, the CO will have already reviewed your package and made a decision. The interview is to confirm or deny what you’ve already sent. As you read the embassy reviews you will see most ppl say the interview itself is not very long bc they have lots of interviews to get through. Make sure you have all your documents already submitted and research and take what will be required at the interview for the K1. Do not go to the interview thinking it will be an opportunity to prove the relationship. They are not required to look at any additional documentation and most times they will deny to see any. Best evidence is that which can show FaceTime (i.e. boarding passes, receipts showing both names, etc). Look through past reviews to see what questions were asked of other applicants going through same process and prepare. Lastly, remember on the K1 he cannot work or leave the country until he has authorization (some ppl saying it’s taking 6 months or so) so if money is an issue, that’s something to consider. 

Thank you on the money..not saying its not an issue...but its not really an issue for me.  So at least in that aspect im feeling good 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

Thank you on the money..not saying its not an issue...but its not really an issue for me.  So at least in that aspect im feeling good 

Ok. And not necessarily the money but if there’s an emergency at home and he can’t leave the country. As far as the process, don’t sweat it. There’s plenty of posts and reviews for you to be well prepared. The good thing is you’re researching before submitting the app. It’s not hard or anything to be nervous about. Just be prepared. I was going to go for my husband’s interview and ended up getting another job right before. But we just prepped and prepared. And it wasn’t as bad as I thought. He came 2 years ago this month!❤️ Good luck!☺️

Timeline
1 minute ago, angelbrown said:

Ok. And not necessarily the money but if there’s an emergency at home and he can’t leave the country. As far as the process, don’t sweat it. There’s plenty of posts and reviews for you to be well prepared. The good thing is you’re researching before submitting the app. It’s not hard or anything to be nervous about. Just be prepared. I was going to go for my husband’s interview and ended up getting another job right before. But we just prepped and prepared. And it wasn’t as bad as I thought. He came 2 years ago this month!❤️ Good luck!☺️

Thank you.  i have tailored my package GREATLY due to this forum.  so im def feeling better now.  Now just to get home and mail it off

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.