armenino15

H1-B Visa Process

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello Everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone out there would be able to help me in order to understand how the H1-B visa process works. Basically through a friend of mine I have found that an owner of a car dealership service is in need to good mechanics and their industry is currently suffering and he is unable to find good and knowledgeable workers. He expressed to me that he is willing to sponsor any individuals form abroad as long as they are good at their job. I happen to have a good friend of mine who is a master mechanic and am currently trying to figure out if its feasible to apply for the H1-B. 

My Main Questions are as follow

- On Average how much does this process cost?

- How does the process work? 

- Is it possible to submit all the paperwork without having to involve an attorney and how difficult will it be to do so without one? (I've done my documentation when it comes to bringing my fiance over therefore I do have some experience with the USCIS. 

- What are the chances that a candidate would be approved or denied? (Especially in such a field as a mechanic?) 

- Can my friend apply with his family and come here to work without having to leave his family at home? 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you, 

Chances are zero, as H1B are for jobs that require a university degree. Here is a link to all available work visas https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-nonimmigrant-workers - I’m not sure whether or not a mechanic will fall under any of those. Work visas are mainly aimed at white collar workers but there are some other opportunities. In any case, your friend would likely need a lawyer to draw up the sponsorship application if there is an appropriate visa, so he may as well do an initial consult with one to see what if any avenues are open to bring mechanics in.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.