ahmedahmadyar

Does an RFE for my I-485 delay my AP and EAD applications?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

On July 5th 2018 I applied for Adjustment of Status along with Advanced Parole and Employment Authorization after my K1 process. I sent all three forms together.

Yesterday I received a letter from USCIS stating that I did not provide enough evidence of my wife's income (she was my sponsor on the Affidavit of Support) - I have no idea why and its annoying as heck that I have to fill out more forms and put together another packet for them. I looked over all the documents I had sent and everything looks intact, her income is well above the poverty guidelines and I made sure to include plenty of evidence.

I'll be responding to the RFE tomorrow and I have a joint sponsor who earns $100k so hopefully that will get them to shut up and get on with it.

My main question is will this cause them to put a hold on my AP and EAD applications too? I am not fussed about the green card coming any time soon, I just want to know if I can go home to visit my family for Christmas. If the timelines on here are anything to go by my AP at least should be coming in the next two weeks. The letter I received from them doesn't mention anything about the other two forms but I'm wondering if they process all of them together since I sent everything together.

Thanks in advance

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know how you feel. My stepdaughter filed and we got an rfe. For the same thing and I make about 19000 to 20000 above the amount needed. We mailed our rfe paperwork 2 days after getting it. It took 3 days for them to get it. The system was updated 5 days later saying they received it. 2 weeks after that they updated system again saying ap and ead was mailed. The next day it was updated saying an interview appointment was scheduled. For us it went pretty quick when we mailed the rfe paperwork response back. Good luck ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 11/4/2018 at 5:31 PM, qtime said:

I know how you feel. My stepdaughter filed and we got an rfe. For the same thing and I make about 19000 to 20000 above the amount needed. We mailed our rfe paperwork 2 days after getting it. It took 3 days for them to get it. The system was updated 5 days later saying they received it. 2 weeks after that they updated system again saying ap and ead was mailed. The next day it was updated saying an interview appointment was scheduled. For us it went pretty quick when we mailed the rfe paperwork response back. Good luck ...

That makes me a little more hopeful, thank you for sharing!

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 11/4/2018 at 5:57 PM, ahmedahmadyar said:

On July 5th 2018 I applied for Adjustment of Status along with Advanced Parole and Employment Authorization after my K1 process. I sent all three forms together.

Yesterday I received a letter from USCIS stating that I did not provide enough evidence of my wife's income (she was my sponsor on the Affidavit of Support) - I have no idea why and its annoying as heck that I have to fill out more forms and put together another packet for them. I looked over all the documents I had sent and everything looks intact, her income is well above the poverty guidelines and I made sure to include plenty of evidence.

I'll be responding to the RFE tomorrow and I have a joint sponsor who earns $100k so hopefully that will get them to shut up and get on with it.

My main question is will this cause them to put a hold on my AP and EAD applications too? I am not fussed about the green card coming any time soon, I just want to know if I can go home to visit my family for Christmas. If the timelines on here are anything to go by my AP at least should be coming in the next two weeks. The letter I received from them doesn't mention anything about the other two forms but I'm wondering if they process all of them together since I sent everything together.

Thanks in advance

I had the RFE for tax transcripts on January 28 and responded to it as early as I could. USCIS received it on February 12. Since then  I have not heard anything yet. I am just waiting although I feel frustrated. Good luck to you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.