Jump to content
vibeluck7

O1B visa approved

14 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, 

 

My O1B visa was just approved which I saw on USCIS APP, I am waiting for the paper notice to arrange further matters.

 

Does anybody know whether if we must have another copy of original application package printed and hand it over to consular processing interview? 

 

I actually submitted two copies of application to USCIS before for review, one for original submission and the other one marked for  “KCC upon approval", so really not sure if it needs the third one??

 

Much appreciated!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2018 at 10:40 AM, vibeluck7 said:

Hi, 

 

My O1B visa was just approved which I saw on USCIS APP, I am waiting for the paper notice to arrange further matters.

 

Does anybody know whether if we must have another copy of original application package printed and hand it over to consular processing interview? 

 

I actually submitted two copies of application to USCIS before for review, one for original submission and the other one marked for  “KCC upon approval", so really not sure if it needs the third one??

 

Much appreciated!!

 

 

it's great that you sent one to kcc. you probably won't be stuck at the pims stage, as i was, because i hadn't sent the extra copy to kcc. you don't need the original notice, just the print out. make sure you go to the consulate of your residence or where you were born. prepare for the interview, but don't try to skip this step. everything should turn out fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fs2439 said:

it's great that you sent one to kcc. you probably won't be stuck at the pims stage, as i was, because i hadn't sent the extra copy to kcc. you don't need the original notice, just the print out. make sure you go to the consulate of your residence or where you were born. prepare for the interview, but don't try to skip this step. everything should turn out fine

Thank you so much for advice.

 

Did you also bring the entire copy of application to interview ?

 

All best,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, vibeluck7 said:

Thank you so much, fs2439

 

What materials that you brought in the interview?

 

Much appreciated

A photocopy of the I797. They really just needed my passport though. I also took in proof that I had reason to come back to Brazil but this was not discussed in the interview. Oh and employer letter - also not requested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fs2439 said:

A photocopy of the I797. They really just needed my passport though. I also took in proof that I had reason to come back to Brazil but this was not discussed in the interview. Oh and employer letter - also not requested

Hi, Fs2439:

 

Thank you very much for your information. I will prepare accordingly.

 

May I know how long did you get your visa after interview?

 

Thanks a lot!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vibeluck7 said:

Hi, Fs2439:

 

Thank you very much for your information. I will prepare accordingly.

 

May I know how long did you get your visa after interview?

 

Thanks a lot!!

I hadn't sent a copy for the kcc. So it took about 5 days. Otherwise would have been faster

Edited by fs2439

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fs2439 said:

I hasn't sent a copy for the kcc. So it took about 5 days. Otherwise would have been faster

thank you. I thought KCC reviewed copy before interview but actually not as you said ~~~it happens after interview ^_^~~

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, vibeluck7 said:

thank you. I thought KCC reviewed copy before interview but actually not as you said ~~~it happens after interview ^_^~~

 

 

If you send them a copy like you did they will forward it to the consulate before the interview. So you are all set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fs2439 said:

If you send them a copy like you did they will forward it to the consulate before the interview. So you are all set

Thank you. Sounds good.

 

So when you waited for 5 days, did you actually send another copy to KCC? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×