7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi All,

After my N-400 application got approved I took US Citizenship Oath on 10/10/18 and received the Naturalization Certificate the same day. The next day i received an email from USCIS regarding my N-400 application stating the following:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL *** 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: IOExxxxx

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION 

Your Case Status: Decision 

On October 11, 2018, we issued your Certificate of Naturalization for your Form N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, Receipt Number IOE0xxxxxxx. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision. 

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

****  The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) ***************

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since after this email I have not received any (approval/denial) letter either in the mail or email its been over 2 weeks.

Just to give you a little background ..... on the Oath letter which i received there were some question on the back of  it where you have to say yes/no to the some questions. So i have selected yes to one of the question where it ask "If i have traveled outside the US since i have been interviewed." Since i did traveled for 2 and half months so i mentioned the dates right next to the question as supervisor asked me to do so, then he asked me several questions regarding my whereabouts like where i have been traveled too, and what if I have kept my job in US while i was gone and if I own the house or renting a place and so on.

But he (the supervisor) never asked for any of the proofs of that trip. Even though I did took all the proofs along with me (my rental lease, my car insurance, my utility bills, tax returns, paystubs, bank statements, etc...)  along with me to justify my continuous resident in US  while i was gone, but supervisor didn't ask for anything as i mentioned earlier and he simply put his remarks on the Oath Letter (form) and i was asked to go and take the oath so i did and got the Naturalization certificate and also registered for the voter registration right there.

On the same day I also applied for my US passport and I have already got it in within 17 days. 

So i am not sure what is the purpose of this email which i have received just a day after the Oath? Is there anything to worry about? 

PS. I have taken the Oath on 10-oct and in the email they mentioned the Certificate of Naturalization was issued on 11-oct isn't it strange. 

I was wondering if anyone had a similar scenario or experience kindly please share Thanks !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guinea
Timeline

Lol, relax. By taking the oath you're officially a U.S. citizen, there are no "if/buts" about this. If they had any issues with you checking "yes" on the form, they would not have let you take the oath. The email they sent you a generic email, I naturalized more than a month ago and I still get "we are still reviewing your case" emails. I have long gotten my passport, and updated my social security record at that.

The issue date thing is arbitrary, it seems to be whatever date they close out your case. The website says that my certificate was issued 2 weeks after my actual oath date.

Edited by gnakr

Citizenship Journey:

(Month 1)-   N-400 sent: 12/20/17

(Month 2)-   Fingerprints: 01/11/18

(Month 8)-   Interview: 07/30/18

(Month 9)-   Oath Ceremony: 08/23/18

Officially a U.S. Citizen!

Filed: Timeline

Thanks  Gnakr for your quick response! After reading your response I am feeling much better. Just curious though as you have mentioned that you are still receiving  emails stating that they are reviewing your case .... did you ever call them or reach out to them in regards to this?. 

Thanks again your response was comforting. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guinea
Timeline
1 hour ago, jaffar said:

Thanks  Gnakr for your quick response! After reading your response I am feeling much better. Just curious though as you have mentioned that you are still receiving  emails stating that they are reviewing your case .... did you ever call them or reach out to them in regards to this?. 

Thanks again your response was comforting. 

It's just that they never updated it on the USCIS account. On the eGov website it shows that the certificate has been issued. So in their systems, on the day of the oath, my citizenship information had already been updated. I know a few people who still receive the same emails despite having completed their oath. It's just bad "integration" on USCIS' part. Because when you're updating your citizenship status at the social security office they have to check your citizenship against a USCIS related database, and I was able to easily update mine.

Edited by gnakr

Citizenship Journey:

(Month 1)-   N-400 sent: 12/20/17

(Month 2)-   Fingerprints: 01/11/18

(Month 8)-   Interview: 07/30/18

(Month 9)-   Oath Ceremony: 08/23/18

Officially a U.S. Citizen!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Actually if you read the email again - it just states that they decided on your N400 petition and approved it and issued you a certificate of Naturalization (which you received at Oath). The email is just their electronic systems being updated with the latest status of your N400 petition. Nothing out of the ordinary or anything that requires any action.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.