TMDM

N-400 Interview Next Week - how likely is it to be a combo one?

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My nervousness and inpatience is getting the better of me and I am starting to overthink my N-400 Interview on Tuesday.  I have a pending I-751 which other than the update to say sent to local office in March 2018 (which I was told was a glitch) I have heard nothing on since I filed in April 2017. I spoke to tier 2 agents to ask where my greencard file was and they advised CSC, not my local office. 

So so my question is, how likely is it that my N-400 Interview will also be a combo? Likely/unlikely/who knows?

Just want  to get other opinions. I’m in the San Bernardino office

13 hours ago, br9k said:

Wait, can it *not* be a combo? And if it is not, and everything goes well - what then? I mean, once N400 is approved, I751 is essentially moot, is it not? (All questions, no answers, sorry - curious myself)

The issue is they can't approve N400 until i-751 is adjudicated. So they usually do a combo interview, but I have seen some VJ's have their N400 interview and then stay in limbo and have no clue when their approval will come through. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It is common belief that you have a combo interview but that is not always the case.  It depends on your local office how they handle the pending I-751.  Some local offices make you come back to a separate interview on a different date.  Some do them back to back.  They did the N-400 first at the scheduled appointment time, and we had to wait two hours for them to call us for the I-751 Interview.    Make sure that you talk to your IO about your I-751 because they do not always know that it is pending because they are only interviewing you for the N-400.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.