msham

Passport Return: Canada Post strike

326 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As expected, no tracker today thanks to the embassy closure. Hoping someone can help though, it's been awhile since I received a package. Does the tracking number on Canada Post show the recipient name? I want to jet out of Vancouver but am worried the system somehow doesn't have my friend updated as the person picking up. 

Timeline

13 minutes ago, skyzee said:

As expected, no tracker today thanks to the embassy closure. Hoping someone can help though, it's been awhile since I received a package. Does the tracking number on Canada Post show the recipient name? I want to jet out of Vancouver but am worried the system somehow doesn't have my friend updated as the person picking up. 

I've attached what the CanadaPost tracking shows453030194_TrackingProgress1.png.f9ae3363d555563dc0c63256a5bfdf41.png

Tracking Progress2.png

Timeline
35 minutes ago, skyzee said:

Thank you for the screenshot, I appreciate it. Looks like you'll be getting it soon, which is great :)

Not getting my hopes up - the past two days it has added 1 more day to the expected delivery date. 

I called CanadaPost and the lady said that they're doing deliveries up until 8 pm to catch up on the backlogs. However, if the destination is a post office, you still can't pick it up past 5 pm because the front office closes. So, at this exact moment, it must be delivered to the post office within the next 3 hours for it to be useful for me. Otherwise, wait until tomorrow. 

Timeline

Update: 

2018/12/05 10:54 VANCOUVER,BC Item available for pickup at Post Office

I must've sounded off all the alarms yesterday. Beyond frustrating but this was a nice surprise to see! Hubby is going today to get it when he gets a break from work.

Interview Date: 11/6/2018

Package mailed: 11/21/2018

Date Available to pick up: 12/5/18

still says the expected delivery date is: 

Expected Delivery Expected Delivery 

2018/12/13

For those of you in similar situations as I was, don't give up! Email  canada_contactus+ca+career+en@visaops.net to make the Consulate look into it. Call Canada Post and make sure they flag your package as a passport and immigration documents. 

Timeline
Just now, Hill.ary said:

Update: 

I must've sounded off all the alarms yesterday. Beyond frustrating but this was a nice surprise to see! Hubby is going today to get it when he gets a break from work.

2018/12/13

For those of you in similar situations as I was, don't give up! Email  canada_contactus+ca+career+en@visaops.net to make the Consulate look into it. Call Canada Post and make sure they flag your package as a passport and immigration documents. 

Finally!!!!! Very happy it finally got resolved for you after nearly a month. All the best with your move to the US.

Well never mind my previous comment, my passport has arrived! I wasn't home to accept it so it's at my local post office and I'll pick it up tomorrow morning! Hooray!!!

Removing Conditions timeline:

• I-90 accidentally submitted - 2020-08-14
  • I-751 submitted & received - 2021-03-26
  • Biometrics applied to case - 2021-04-21
  • Ready to schedule interview - 2021-12-22
  • Interview scheduled - 2022-01-04
  • Interview - 2022-02-01 / Postponed
  • New 10 year card being sent out!!!!
    2022-02-03 / Case Approved 2022-02-04

Timeline
51 minutes ago, arellah said:

Well never mind my previous comment, my passport has arrived! I wasn't home to accept it so it's at my local post office and I'll pick it up tomorrow morning! Hooray!!!

Thank god. Honestly, I’m not going to leave my apartment until the delivery guy comes!!! Haha

1 minute ago, BChance said:

Thank god. Honestly, I’m not going to leave my apartment until the delivery guy comes!!! Haha

Actually the post office in my town is at a grocery store, so I am able to pick it up tonight from 6pm to 8pm! Yaaaaay :D

Edited by arellah

Timeline
7 minutes ago, arellah said:

Actually the post office in my town is at a grocery store, so I am able to pick it up tonight from 6pm to 8pm! Yaaaaay :D

I don’t have Canadian govt issued ID with address, so I HAVE to be at home or have an adult available to sign.....

44 minutes ago, BChance said:

I don’t have Canadian govt issued ID with address, so I HAVE to be at home or have an adult available to sign.....

Then you're right - time to bunker down!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hill.ary said:

Update: 

very useful info, thank you. 

2018/12/13

Timeline
1 hour ago, arellah said:

Hey question... Did you sign up for the courier service through ais before or after your interview? Wanted to do courier but I'm a little paranoid of changing after interview since ais website says in fine print that changing addresses is no longer possible and courier option would be removed (the courier option isn't removed yet for me since they don't have tracking number assigned) 

1 minute ago, skyzee said:

Hey question... Did you sign up for the courier service through ais before or after your interview? Wanted to do courier but I'm a little paranoid of changing after interview since ais website says in fine print that changing addresses is no longer possible and courier option would be removed (the courier option isn't removed yet for me since they don't have tracking number assigned) 

I signed up before my interview. I knew the strike was still going on at that point, but I wanted to be safe just incase it ended.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, arellah said:

I signed up before my interview. I knew the strike was still going on at that point, but I wanted to be safe just incase it ended.

Thank you! Glad your passport got here today

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.