HarryWL

Contact number for London Embassy?

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what’s the best contact number for London Embassy for scheduling interview? (Expedited CR1)

I see quite a few different numbers and I don’t want to annoy them. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
6 hours ago, HarryWL said:

Does anyone know what’s the best contact number for London Embassy for scheduling interview? (Expedited CR1)

I see quite a few different numbers and I don’t want to annoy them. 

The Immigrant Visa Unit will not speak to you on the phone about visas or make an interview appointment for you. Use the contact form to ask questions. Log in and make your own appointment if if you have been notified that they have accepted your expedite and have your case.  Do you have a letter saying to the effect ---we have your case and you may begin the visa application process.  Sometimes those wanting an expedite flounder around in the system a few weeks (or it seems) because they are off the normal path. 

Edited by Wuozopo

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

The Immigrant Visa Unit will not speak to you on the phone about visas or make an interview appointment for you. Use the contact form to ask questions. Log in and make your own appointment if if you have been notified that they have accepted your expedite and have your case.  Do you have a letter saying to the effect ---we have your case and you may begin the visa application process.  Sometimes those wanting an expedite flounder around in the system a few weeks (or it seems) because they are off the normal path. 

Thanks for response! 

I haven't received a letter yet. I already had to send them a contact form last night to change my address because I wasn’t able to do so at the NVC stage. 

Do they only send physical letters instead of emails?  Do you think I’d be allowed to schedule an interview even without receiving a letter yet?

Timeline
7 hours ago, HarryWL said:

Thanks for response! 

I haven't received a letter yet. I already had to send them a contact form last night to change my address because I wasn’t able to do so at the NVC stage. 

Do they only send physical letters instead of emails?  Do you think I’d be allowed to schedule an interview even without receiving a letter yet?

You can try and see if the system lets you in. Follow the instructions that DCF filers use. They skip NVC because they file the petition at the USCIS office in London (housed at the embassy, but not part of the consulate or Immigrant Visa Unit.)

Start---> https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/how-to-apply-2/

There are four steps. You may not get a letter because of the address change, or because expedites have no clear path in the system. Ignore that part about a letter and  dive in to the steps listed and see what happens. I'm positive you follow the same procedure and documents as a DCF filer, also getting a spouse visa if you're not familiar.

Step 1 - Application Form (DS-260)

Step 2 - Supporting Documents

Step 3 - Medical Examination

Step 4 - Scheduling Your Interview

and the stuff immediately below Step 4.

Also go back to the top of the page and read everything in these links. It all applies to you.

Medical Examination

Required Documents

What To Expect At Your Interview

Processing Times & Return of Passport

Entry into the United States

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline

Forgot to say. You are going to pay your visa fee at the cashier on interview day. People that go through NVC processing pay to NVC. K1s pay online in the interview booking session. I don't believe you'll have a pay option in your online session. You will book the courier and interview only and pay at the embassy. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.