19 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Kashan.01 said:

@Nida Bakhtawar Hey Nida. What's your visa? And how was your interview ? Can u share detail? Is there any age difference ? And how long exactly you've been in AP? How many inquires you've made so far ? And how many replies you've got ?

I'm in AP since 1st July under 221g. Consular haven't requested anything. Online status refused. Case last updated 26 sept. K1 visa. 

My visa is IR1. Interview went good. They asked to submit some additional documents during the interview and kept my passport. Age difference is less than 2 years. It took me a lot of effort to even get to AP from refused but I’ve  been here for less than a month. Probably more than 7-8 inquiries and mostly because of my lost documents. I also scheduled an appointment and visited them from another city and gave them the documents I had in hand and UID no for documents submission. I did get replys in the beginning that they have not received my documents which was really disappointing.

I just found out that some APs take months to resolve especially in a high fraud embassy. What country are you from? Did you inquire about your case? Is it a spousal visa?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
23 hours ago, Nida Bakhtawar said:

I was refused under 221 g on 3rd May 2018. They requested submission of additional documents. On June, 20 , I submitted these documents to embassy approved courier service. Two months passed and I didn’t hear anything from them. After inquires, they replied that they never received any documents though AEG confirmed that they were received on 21st June. So, I submitted the documents again on 12th sept and heard nothing for a while. Then I submitted two visa inquiries at pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry/ and attached the requested documents as pdfs but I got no reply. I contacted them again at provide feedback section of us traveldocs account, they requested receipts and stuff and visa status changed from refused to ready on 27th September. Does this mean that my application is approved or no? How long will it take? It’s almost been 2 years since my visa process started and the wait is really frustrating especially with a long distance marriage.

just wondering

when you submitter the needed documents,  did you label all pages in upper right hand corner with case number,  both names and both DOB's?

often, when not labeled documents go into a dead zone

i know all names are in a computer but if not labeled,  they deal with the ones that are and yours go "not worked on"

10 minutes ago, kris&me said:

just wondering

when you submitter the needed documents,  did you label all pages in upper right hand corner with case number,  both names and both DOB's?

often, when not labeled documents go into a dead zone

i know all names are in a computer but if not labeled,  they deal with the ones that are and yours go "not worked on"

The American Express lady gave us a form to fill with our case number on top, UID number for document submission and title /name of the documents. She then stapled it on our papers, like right on top of everything and put them in a file. She also gave us a photocopy of this page as a receipt.

Edited by Nida Bakhtawar

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
22 hours ago, Nida Bakhtawar said:

The American Express lady gave us a form to fill with our case number on top, UID number for document submission and title /name of the documents. She then stapled it on our papers, like right on top of everything and put them in a file. She also gave us a photocopy of this page as a receipt.

but did u put case #,  both names and both DoB's on the documents for the person getting this package

the fact that u have it means nothing

the embassy needs to know what case and names to add the documents to

believe it or not,  they have a bundle of cases in their office and your paperwork sent in after an interview can be lost in a pile untill someone has time on their hands to see what packet to attach it tos

sometimes the mailroom does not send up a cover sheet or the envelope things are mailed in

Edited by kris&me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.