3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I have a few more questions about the EAD and AOS application. Do I send them both to the same place or do they go to seperate addresses? Can I translate the birth certificate myself and fill out a statement saying I'm fluent in both langagues? I have the short version of her birth certificate. Also we are planning a trip back to her home for Christmas. Will the AOS be completed by then? Should we file for AP at the same time as the EAD and AOS or can we do that later if we see it will take longer for the AOS.

11/17/2006 Mailed I-129f to Vermont Service Center

11/20/2006 US Postal Service Delivery Confirmation

11/21/2006 NOA1 Notice Date

11/25/2006 Received NOA1 in Mail

12/12/2006 NOA2 Email Received

12/15/2006 NVC Sent Petition to Embassy

12/16/2006 Received NOA2 in Mail

12/18/2006 Embassy Receives Petition from NVC

12/20/2006 Received NVC Letter

1/9/2007 Packet 3 Received

1/12/2007 Packet 3 Sent

1/31/2007 Packet 4 Received

2/14/2007 Interview Date

AOS

5/21/2007 Filed for AOS & EAD

5/25/2007 NOA1

6/15/2007 RFE for AOS

6/16/2007 Biometrics for AOS & EAD

6/18/2007 RFE Evidence Sent Out

7/13/2007 Case Transfered to CSC

7/19/2007 Case Received at CSC

8/6/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

8/9/2007 EAD Card Received

8/31/2007 AOS Approved

9/4/2007 Green Card Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Senegal
Timeline

First, good luck on your AOS journey!

~ The directions for filing the AOS/EAD should be on the forms that you download. Where to send them depends on the circumstances of your filing. Again, this information is on the directions that should be downloaded with the forms.

~ I can't answer the questions concerning the BC, but there are couple of threads if I recall correctly where people asked the same questions. You might want to do a search of the old VJ threads regarding your question about the BC.

~ There is no one who will be able to give a definitive answer regarding when the AOS will be approved. The timeframe is very iffy.

~ Application for AOS/EAD/AP is again dependent upon your situation. If you definitely want to travel at Christmas you might want to go ahead and file for the AP. And because you never know when the AOS will be approved, and if your wife really wants to work while the AOS is pending, then you might also file for the EAD. I believe you can file the AP apart from the AOS, but I am not sure about the EAD. Hopefully someone else will chime in on that one!

I have a few more questions about the EAD and AOS application. Do I send them both to the same place or do they go to seperate addresses? Can I translate the birth certificate myself and fill out a statement saying I'm fluent in both langagues? I have the short version of her birth certificate. Also we are planning a trip back to her home for Christmas. Will the AOS be completed by then? Should we file for AP at the same time as the EAD and AOS or can we do that later if we see it will take longer for the AOS.

Krzysiu,

I believe you must have the full version of her birth certificate. You can translate it your self, and at the bottom of the translation type a sentence that you are fluent in both languages and you certify this is a true & accurate translation. Get it signed by a notary.

About the AOS, I'm in a similar boat with you, we want to go for Christmas to his family, therefore we are filing the AP w/AOS. I was looking at some AOS timelines and seems 6 months is a stretch, so I rather have the AP ready if need be. Getting an emergency AP later will be hard.

12140.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.