LadyLove2006

Second Trip To Nigeria

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi All: :)(L)(F)

Just wanted to update everyone on my 2nd trip to Nigeria(April 21, 2007- May 12, 2007). I must say that I was so glad to be back in my husband's arms again. We had a wonderful time together dispite the fact that we were robbed, along with about 20 other passengers, on our way to Abuja on May 1, 2007. It was an experience I will never forget and I give God all the praise for LIFE. They(the robber's) took everything that we had in our possession.

On an happier note, both of our petitions were approved on April 27, 2007 and the NVC has received the approved I-129F on May 14, 2007. Things are moving right along and I look forward to the day that we are together again living under the same roof as husband and wife to raise a family of our own.

Thanks for all the support that I have received from everyone on this site. I really appreciate you all. Continue to pray much for us as we need your sincere prayers as the journey continues and even beyond.

Much Love,

LadyLove2006 :)(L)(F)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

wow....sorry about the mishap, glad to hear no one was harmed. Thanks for updating everyone on your trip...I always look forward to hearing about people being reunited w/ loved ones....I am still waiting for updates on afew other couples :) I hope your hubby will be here very soon.

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I am very happy for you. Your petition has been approved and that's wonderful news. Thank the Lord that you came back home safely. When I was in Cameroon I wondered if we would be victims to some degree or another. God was definately with us during our travel. I definately understand and can imagine how scary the experience was. But as I said before thank God you came home safely.

Soon you and your family will be reunited so that's wonderful news. :dance:

I-130

03-17-07 Mailed

03-23-07 Recvd fwd to CSC NOA1

03-27-07 Update

APPROVED 09-05-07

09-06-07 Update

09-10-07 NOA2 in mail

I-129F

04-04-07 Mailed

04-24-07 Updated Recvd NBC NOA1

04-26-07 Update

05-08-07 Update

05-11-07 Update trnsfr to CSC

05-15-07 Update

05-17-07 Recvd trnsfr letter in mail

06-05-07 Update case pending @ CSC

06-06-07 Update

APPROVED 09-05-07

09-06-07 Update

09-10-07 NOA2 in mail

09-27-07 Arrived at NVC

10-06-07 NVC notice via mail

10-31-07 Mailed to the Embassy

11-04-07 Recvd at the Embassy

02-20-08 Medical Appointment

03-11-08 Redo Police record

04-11-08 Interview

02-17-09 Interview

06-04-09 redo medical & Police Record

06-09-09 Resubmit info @ Embassy

ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well In all things we must give give Thanks, It could have been worse, they could taken more than your possessions, they could have taken your life, But GLORY BE TO GOD that he had you covered in the precious blood of Jesus. I truly Thank God for that. Hebrews 11:1 says Now faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.....Just continue to trust in the only one who is able to see you through this visa journey. Be blessed and take care

Hi All: :)(L)(F)

Just wanted to update everyone on my 2nd trip to Nigeria(April 21, 2007- May 12, 2007). I must say that I was so glad to be back in my husband's arms again. We had a wonderful time together dispite the fact that we were robbed, along with about 20 other passengers, on our way to Abuja on May 1, 2007. It was an experience I will never forget and I give God all the praise for LIFE. They(the robber's) took everything that we had in our possession.

On an happier note, both of our petitions were approved on April 27, 2007 and the NVC has received the approved I-129F on May 14, 2007. Things are moving right along and I look forward to the day that we are together again living under the same roof as husband and wife to raise a family of our own.

Thanks for all the support that I have received from everyone on this site. I really appreciate you all. Continue to pray much for us as we need your sincere prayers as the journey continues and even beyond.

Much Love,

LadyLove2006 :)(L)(F)

CASE COMPLETE (THANK YOU JESUS) December 13, 2007

.....Dont you know that Gods Favor is more precious than Life....

I never would've Made it without You Jesus.....He allows some things to Run there coarse, but have no fear God is in Control......He has the VERY LAST say So and he will perform his word.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I was warned about robberies before my first trip to Nigeria. Let me tell you honey, we had some close calls when I was there. Well, anyway let me tell you my story and I will make it short.

I was walking down the street not to far from where my husband and I were enjoying our honeymoon. The place we were at was suppose to be one of the nicer areas. Okay, it was about time for me to return home. I took a brisk walk down the street to get some pastries. I was walking by myself. All these different men in these fancy cars was slowing down trying to talk to me, very assertively. I dismissed all of them anyway. Later on, two guys walked passed me. I paused for a second and grab some dirt in both of my hands or rather sand. I turned down a street. Next thing I knew, these guys turned back around and started following very quickly.

After that I immediately, signaled for one of the guys that drive the motor bikes around town. I hopped on his motor. The driver on the motor bike turned around and gave the guys a kind of low eye look because he knew what they were up to. Honey he saved my life. I will never do that ever again.

I am not trying to scare anyone about going to Nigeria, but you got to use some street smart, these people move very quickly. You just got to keep your eyes and ears open. And it did not help me at all looking like a black american because everyone knew I was not from there by looking at me.

Enjoy your trip

Married December 23, 2004 in Lagos, Nigeria

USCIS

January 10, 2005 Mailed I-130 TSC (recieved January 18th 2005 with CSC receipt number)

January 25th 2005 NOA1 (recieved in mail January 31th 2005)

Feb 16, 2005 via email NOA2 Approved!

NVC

March 14, 2005 NVC automated system states I-864 fee and DS3032 mailed out regular US mail

March 22, 2005 Received I-864 fee and DS3032 in mail

March 22, 2005 mailed out 70.00 I-864 fee and completed presigned DS3032 Express Mail

March 23, 2005 I-864 fee received at 12:20pm signed by H Horn

March 23, 2005 DS3032 received at 11:17am signed by S Merfield

March 29, 2005 DS3032 stating received in NVC automated system

April 4, 2005 IV Fee bill generated

April 15, 2005 IV Fee bill received in mail

April 16, 2005 mailed out 380.00 IV Fee bill regular US postail mail

April 25, 2005 I-864 form recieved in mail

April 25, 2005 Completed I-864 form mailed back to NVC

May 16, 2005 DS230 generated

May 26, 2005 Received DS230, mailed back May 27th

June 1, 2005 NVC receives DS230

June 13, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

August 23, 2005 Interview Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.