mostafa fathy

administrative processing for the financial evidence

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I had my interview on Sep 23 and the officer asked me many questions and I answered very easily but I guess she didn't believe that I didn't get married before because she asked me about that twice, at the end she told me everything looks fine but I have to submit my family registration ( showing my marriage history) and the tax transcript for my wife, my wife did her tax for 2017 but it was below the 125% and our lawyer asked her to amend the taxes from 17k$ to 24k$, when she requested her tax transcript it didn't show the updated number, it only showed the first number ( it cannot be fixed). My question is, they will accept the tax transcript with the updated tax return? also I have my wife's payment statements showing how much she's making also letters from her both jobs ( she's working in a drug testing lab and nanny the morning) only her night job have paystubs but the other job has signed letter from the family and invoices, what's the percentage that they accept these documents ?

Note: she didn't keep my passport, she told me to send it with the paperwork

Edited by mostafa fathy

3 hours ago, mostafa fathy said:

Hi,

I had my interview on Sep 23 and the officer asked me many questions and I answered very easily but I guess she didn't believe that I didn't get married before because she asked me about that twice, at the end she told me everything looks fine but I have to submit my family registration ( showing my marriage history) and the tax transcript for my wife, my wife did her tax for 2017 but it was below the 125% and our lawyer asked her to amend the taxes from 17k$ to 24k$, when she requested her tax transcript it didn't show the updated number, it only showed the first number ( it cannot be fixed). My question is, they will accept the tax transcript with the updated tax return? also I have my wife's payment statements showing how much she's making also letters from her both jobs ( she's working in a drug testing lab and nanny the morning) only her night job have paystubs but the other job has signed letter from the family and invoices, what's the percentage that they accept these documents ?

Note: she didn't keep my passport, she told me to send it with the paperwork

First, I don't think your lawyer is any good since the tax transcript is based on your income and expenses.  Once filed you would need to file an amendment with proof of the additional income (they won't take your word for it and generally people try to lessen their tax burden).

All you can do is give them the information they ask for.  If it doesn't meet the requirement you can have a co-sponsor.  I believe they need the latest tax return including all schedules and forms along with 3 years of transcripts.  If you use your 2017 tax return the transcripts should be for 2104, 15 & 16.  Give them what they ask for and be honest with them always.  They know the answers to most of the questions they ask.  Just be honest and supply exactly what they ask for.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

12 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

First, I don't think your lawyer is any good since the tax transcript is based on your income and expenses.  Once filed you would need to file an amendment with proof of the additional income (they won't take your word for it and generally people try to lessen their tax burden).

All you can do is give them the information they ask for.  If it doesn't meet the requirement you can have a co-sponsor.  I believe they need the latest tax return including all schedules and forms along with 3 years of transcripts.  If you use your 2017 tax return the transcripts should be for 2104, 15 & 16.  Give them what they ask for and be honest with them always.  They know the answers to most of the questions they ask.  Just be honest and supply exactly what they ask for.

They only asked for 2017 tax transcripts, so this is what I'm gonna send with the tax return and all the other documents that showing she's making even more this year. I don't know what gonna happen or what else can I do

Just now, mostafa fathy said:

They only asked for 2017 tax transcripts, so this is what I'm gonna send with the tax return and all the other documents that showing she's making even more this year. I don't know what gonna happen or what else can I do

Yes.  Just give them what they ask for and have faith.  The CO has the final say on this.  Be open and honest with them and they will see that.  Their job is to protect the US from potential public charges.  You are being honest with them and they can decide on what they feel.  I've seen couples under the minimum get approved and I've seen couples over the minimum get denied.  Your best course of action is to show that you are working hard to make the best life for the beneficiary as possible.  Give them what they ask for and that is all you can do.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.