EliAnon

Employment change, 129f?

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recently started employment and am financially able to now fill out the Affidavit of Support 🎯. I have a question about the 129f though, since I had no previous work on my resume (I was a student); should I call the USCIS and have it updated? Or can you do it online?

I know you can change your address online, but not sure if it is important to keep employment up to date or not. Maybe all that is needed about the petitioners employment is by the time she is at the interview.

A little background about my Fiancee and I. She is from the Philippines, and I from the US. We got our NOA1 on June 22nd, and are hoping to receive the NOA2 in December! We have been together for a year starting in December.

Thank you for your help!

PS: Could someone send me the link of what my fiancee needs to get/do after we get the NOA2. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Hello,

I recently started employment and am financially able to now fill out the Affidavit of Support 🎯. I have a question about the 129f though, since I had no previous work on my resume (I was a student); should I call the USCIS and have it updated? Or can you do it online?

I know you can change your address online, but not sure if it is important to keep employment up to date or not. Maybe all that is needed about the petitioners employment is by the time she is at the interview.

A little background about my Fiancee and I. She is from the Philippines, and I from the US. We got our NOA1 on June 22nd, and are hoping to receive the NOA2 in December! We have been together for a year starting in December.

Thank you for your help!

PS: Could someone send me the link of what my fiancee needs to get/do after we get the NOA2. Thanks!

No need to update anything now but when you go to fill out the I-134 and DS-160 you'll provide your new employment status.

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get done.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps he includes the what, when and why to completing the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Hello,

Thank you for your help!

Can't really change the I-129F after it is submitted.  Besides, employment isn't a requirement for approval of the I-129F petition (free to marry & having met in person within 2 years of filing is required ;) ).   

You can update all that information once your case file reaches the embassy in Manila.

After you receive your NOA2 from USCIS your case file is forwarded to NVC  >>   http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

After you receive your MNL# from NVC your case file is forwarded to USEM  >>  http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Can't really change the I-129F after it is submitted.  Besides, employment isn't a requirement for approval of the I-129F petition (free to marry & having met in person within 2 years of filing is required ;) ).   

You can update all that information once your case file reaches the embassy in Manila.

After you receive your NOA2 from USCIS your case file is forwarded to NVC  >>   http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

After you receive your MNL# from NVC your case file is forwarded to USEM  >>  http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Fiancee:

Never Married: ✔️

Met in the first year: ✔️

She does have a kid as well. Does that change the steps after NOA2 much at all? Or is it just filing for an extra visa//obtaining required ID's.

Okay awesome, I also heard in some instances that the folks at the embassy dont even look at your Affidavit of Support.... I am actually having a cosponsor along with my initial income. 

1 minute ago, EliAnon said:

Fiancee:

Never Married: ✔️

Met in the first year: ✔️

She does have a kid as well. Does that change the steps after NOA2 much at all? Or is it just filing for an extra visa//obtaining required ID's.

Okay awesome, I also heard in some instances that the folks at the embassy dont even look at your Affidavit of Support.... I am actually having a cosponsor along with my initial income. 

As long as you met within 2 years of the date you filed the I-129F all is good there.

Did you list the child on the I-129F?  If yes, the rest is straight forward .. you complete TWO of everything!  ;)       Passport for the child of course.

For the Support evidence (I-134) because you are a new employee, I would include a letter from the employer (or there HR dept), and copies of your pay stubs.     And yes it is true that many times the embassy does not even ask for the I-134 and supporting documents.  But you have to be prepared .. like a Boy Scout. :)  :lol:  

Hank

HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

7 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

As long as you met within 2 years of the date you filed the I-129F all is good there.

Did you list the child on the I-129F?  If yes, the rest is straight forward .. you complete TWO of everything!  ;)       Passport for the child of course.

For the Support evidence (I-134) because you are a new employee, I would include a letter from the employer (or there HR dept), and copies of your pay stubs.     And yes it is true that many times the embassy does not even ask for the I-134 and supporting documents.  But you have to be prepared .. like a Boy Scout. :)  :lol:  

Yes! We want to be prepared lol. That is also what I read, after I get 3-4 paychecks ill take the stubs, as well as asking my HR department for a letter that states that I make what I make and when I got hired; and then attach that to the Affidavit.

3 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Yes! We want to be prepared lol. That is also what I read, after I get 3-4 paychecks ill take the stubs, as well as asking my HR department for a letter that states that I make what I make and when I got hired; and then attach that to the Affidavit.

Excellent.   You will do just fine.    After you get your NOA2 follow the links I gave you and everything move along just fine.

Hank

18 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Excellent.   You will do just fine.    After you get your NOA2 follow the links I gave you and everything move along just fine.

Since you seem knowledgeable in Philippines immigration, and seeing you commented on the topic before. Why should you not have ‘personal contact’ with your partner before the slec exam?

Since you seem knowledgeable in Philippines immigration, and seeing you commented on the topic before. Why should you not have ‘personal contact’ with your partner before the slec exam?

Pregnancy concerns .. SLEC will handle x-rays and vaccinations differently if a woman is pregnant

Hank

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.