27 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, astroboy3545 said:

I really wish they hire more people and speed up the interviews..

True, although 1) they would need to increase fees to pay those people, 2) there is a considerable lead time before they can properly adjudicate cases on their own, and 3) once they do make headway and the backlog decreases they would need to lay off those workers...making getting good applicants difficult.

I'm not saying they shouldn't work on it, just that they move very slowly to not overcompensate hirings.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

17 hours ago, Rhemalove said:

Actually! There is a point! To be an encouragement to anyone waiting for their interview date to come through in Seattle! And that the waiting game would be over soon for all! 😊

oh Of course! I understand your post and appreciate your information! I was quoting the other person. I just don't understand why that guy said he has been waiting longer than us repeatedly even tho it's clearly he hasn't lol. 

Edited by thewaitingame

8 hours ago, Rhemalove said:

Yes! That would be wonderful!

I feel like they want to wait after 2 year mark to schedule the interview. That way we don't have to remove condition and they don't have to interview remove-condition people

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, thewaitingame said:

I feel like they want to wait after 2 year mark to schedule the interview. That way we don't have to remove condition and they don't have to interview remove-condition people

Although that seems like a long wait, that would actually be fine with me!  There are so many steps that all cost more money!  I would go for that Idea.  A friend of mine years ago had to go for an interview and get a two year green card, then after two years they got a five years green card then after that they got the 10 years green card!  So crazy!

5 hours ago, thewaitingame said:

Thank you for clarifying!

1 hour ago, Rhemalove said:

Although that seems like a long wait, that would actually be fine with me!  There are so many steps that all cost more money!  I would go for that Idea.  A friend of mine years ago had to go for an interview and get a two year green card, then after two years they got a five years green card then after that they got the 10 years green card!  So crazy!

Thank you for clarifying!

Yah I agree. That might be better in the long run

Do we know if anyone has got an interview in seattle recently ? Just wondering if there is any movement. 

On a side note, who are your recommendations for Civil surgeons for the medical exam. I already sent in my medical exam when I submitted my application but considering the delay I would have to do it again. Do you have any recommendations?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, astroboy3546 said:

Do we know if anyone has got an interview in seattle recently ? Just wondering if there is any movement. 

On a side note, who are your recommendations for Civil surgeons for the medical exam. I already sent in my medical exam when I submitted my application but considering the delay I would have to do it again. Do you have any recommendations?

No I don't know of any K-1 visa applicants getting an interview or Green card in Seattle office. There have been a few other types of visas being processed. But then I try to encourage myself by recognizing that not everyone who is in the waiting que for a Green card interview is on visa journey. 

In regards to Mecial exam if you look on the USCIS home page online  they should have a page that gives you information of where you can get your medical exam with names of Civil doctors and addresses. Hope that helps.

18 minutes ago, Rhemalove said:

No I don't know of any K-1 visa applicants getting an interview or Green card in Seattle office. There have been a few other types of visas being processed. But then I try to encourage myself by recognizing that not everyone who is in the waiting que for a Green card interview is on visa journey. 

In regards to Mecial exam if you look on the USCIS home page online  they should have a page that gives you information of where you can get your medical exam with names of Civil doctors and addresses. Hope that helps.

Thanks I am aware of the link to see the list of surgeons, I am curious if people had any recommendations on whom to see (someone who is reasonable priced and efficient)

Timeline
2 hours ago, astroboy3546 said:

Thanks I am aware of the link to see the list of surgeons, I am curious if people had any recommendations on whom to see (someone who is reasonable priced and efficient)

I understand.  But I am presumming that we have to see an American doctor chosen by USCIS and I'm thinking the cost is all the same price.  That's just my understanding if that makes any sense. Before I had my K-1 visa interview there was only one doctor that was selected to do the medical near where I lived and it was pricey.  Hopefully you will find the info you are looking for!  Good luck.

1 hour ago, Rhemalove said:

I understand.  But I am presumming that we have to see an American doctor chosen by USCIS and I'm thinking the cost is all the same price.  That's just my understanding if that makes any sense. Before I had my K-1 visa interview there was only one doctor that was selected to do the medical near where I lived and it was pricey.  Hopefully you will find the info you are looking for!  Good luck.

No the cost is never the same , i have seen ranges from $300 to a  $1000 reading the yelp reviews. Thank you for your response though

Timeline
5 hours ago, astroboy3546 said:

No the cost is never the same , i have seen ranges from $300 to a  $1000 reading the yelp reviews. Thank you for your response though

Wow!  I guess they do things differently price wise in the USA.  In Canada I think I remember it was the same price everywhere.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.