swtbabykitty18

Medical exam & biometrics appt - Mumbai

11 posts in this topic

Hi, quick question to anyone who has knowledge of these two things: 1. Medical examination 2. biometrics appointment.

I have received my interview letter set at Mumbai consulate. In the letter it says to visit the website for further instructions etc. The first thing that needs to be done is setting your medical examination. Mumbai consulate has listed about 6 locations in their instruction list.. which are all very far from me. I live in Punjab and all the locations are pretty far from me. My question is has anyone from Punjab region set their medical exam at a different location in Punjab with no problem and still got approved by Mumbai consulate? 

Second, am I suppose to set my biometrics appointment locally or is it completed at the interview on the same day or  day before etc? Please help me out if you have any knowledge. 

Thank you so much 

The best way to find out is email Mumbai consulate about medical and biometrics  and ask them if the MAX hospital in Mohali fall under there radar...if not then may be Delhi or then Mumbai is the possibility ...I think biometrics can be done in Delhi...pls do leave a note as my wife is also from Punjab and she’s at first stage of this  process ..this might help us in last stage...

Edited by The Rock ll

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, swtbabykitty18 said:

Hi, quick question to anyone who has knowledge of these two things: 1. Medical examination 2. biometrics appointment.

I have received my interview letter set at Mumbai consulate. In the letter it says to visit the website for further instructions etc. The first thing that needs to be done is setting your medical examination. Mumbai consulate has listed about 6 locations in their instruction list.. which are all very far from me. I live in Punjab and all the locations are pretty far from me. My question is has anyone from Punjab region set their medical exam at a different location in Punjab with no problem and still got approved by Mumbai consulate? 

Second, am I suppose to set my biometrics appointment locally or is it completed at the interview on the same day or  day before etc? Please help me out if you have any knowledge. 

Thank you so much 

You can do medical in Punjab. Another person did it in Punjab few days back @Sanjana dogra contact her. Also there is a topic for India Processing for K1. Write there as more people might respond.

Edited by A_R

On 10/3/2018 at 5:00 PM, The Rock ll said:

The best way to find out is email Mumbai consulate about medical and biometrics  and ask them if the MAX hospital in Mohali fall under there radar...if not then may be Delhi or then Mumbai is the possibility ...I think biometrics can be done in Delhi...pls do leave a note as my wife is also from Punjab and she’s at first stage of this  process ..this might help us in last stage...

Sure, I’ll keep you posted as soon as I have all the information. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

@swtbabykitty18 i think you can go for this you can do medical in delhi as well even Vac too ie yours fingerprints location is shivaji stadium , even im waiting for my nvc letter im from delhi im going through with same pain which hard for me bcz of travelling, for VAC they have 6 locations to select you can do but  for medical it should be from panel by the embassy (mohali and delhi both are under panel) , rest if you get any update plz do reply it will be good for us .

3 hours ago, Jas1305 said:

@swtbabykitty18 i think you can go for this you can do medical in delhi as well even Vac too ie yours fingerprints location is shivaji stadium , even im waiting for my nvc letter im from delhi im going through with same pain which hard for me bcz of travelling, for VAC they have 6 locations to select you can do but  for medical it should be from panel by the embassy (mohali and delhi both are under panel) , rest if you get any update plz do reply it will be good for us .

Yes, I figured it out. Since I’m in Punjab I’ll be getting my medical from Chandigarh Max Hospital and my interview is at Mumbai and I’m getting my biometrics a day before my appt. I read other forums and you can get your medical in Delhi and if your interview is in Mumbai then

do biometrics there. 

On 10/3/2018 at 5:00 PM, The Rock ll said:

Hello, you can do medical at chandigarh max hospital and biometrics will be at mumbai if ur interview is there. you can figure out if your case starts with bmb or nwd... you can choose to do biometrics at least one day before interview appt 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, swtbabykitty18 said:

Hello, you can do medical at chandigarh max hospital and biometrics will be at mumbai if ur interview is there. you can figure out if your case starts with bmb or nwd... you can choose to do biometrics at least one day before interview appt 

Mine is with bmb too but we can give biometric too at delhi gap should be one or two days before your k1 interview and im gonna do my medical at max delhi and biometrics too at delhi 

On 10/6/2018 at 9:43 AM, swtbabykitty18 said:

Yes, I figured it out. Since I’m in Punjab I’ll be getting my medical from Chandigarh Max Hospital and my interview is at Mumbai and I’m getting my biometrics a day before my appt. I read other forums and you can get your medical in Delhi and if your interview is in Mumbai then

do biometrics there. 

So you cannot do your biometrics at any other consulate other than Mumbai if your interview location is Mumbai?

For example, if I have my IR1 visa interview in Mumbai, and I am planning to get my medical done at Chennai, can I get my biometrics also done at Chennai or do I HAVE to get them done in Mumbai only?

Edited by darth vader

On 10/6/2018 at 10:34 AM, Jas1305 said:

Mine is with bmb too but we can give biometric too at delhi gap should be one or two days before your k1 interview and im gonna do my medical at max delhi and biometrics too at delhi 

So can one do their biometrics at any other consulate other than Mumbai if their interview location is Mumbai?

For example, if I have my IR1 visa interview in Mumbai, and I am planning to get my medical done at Chennai, can I get my biometrics also done at Chennai or do I HAVE to get them done in Mumbai only?

Edited by darth vader

Timeline
8 hours ago, darth vader said:

So can one do their biometrics at any other consulate other than Mumbai if their interview location is Mumbai?

@darth vader you can do biometrics at chennai if its on the list overall they have 6 locations for biometrics even you can write email for this to consulate as well , i know about k1 visa but about IR1 i have no idea sorry but i think you can go for biometrics if its there but ill prefer ask mumbai consulate .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.