Jump to content
ClaudRy

K1 Petition Expiration / validity

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, ClaudRy said:

How long the k1 petition expired? Or does it expired? I had a petition last 2015, is it still open or valid?

Valid for 1 year from date filed. 

 

If u plan to file agai. this will need to be mentioned. Even if u didn't use k1.


event.png

 

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

 

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

 

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BJ & Christine said:

Valid for 1 year from date filed. 

 

If u plan to file agai. this will need to be mentioned. Even if u didn't use k1.

Hi Bj & Christine. Thank you for the answer. i am from philippines. I honestly have an ongoing petition. I was asked from the pre screening to final interview if I had a previous petition and I answered truthfully YES, year 2015. They asked me the reason and I said, I suffered from verbal harassmanet and J decided to broke him up before I received the eligibility letter. I just leave the petition without doing anything. i got interviewed in Sept. 7, 2018 for my current petition and the consulate announced "okay your visa is approved, kindly wait 5-10 working days for the delivery of the passport along with the visa." they have my passport. i am just worried that the previous petition might delay my visa. Do you know someone who has a previous petition but got approved and got a visa on hand? I hope to hear from you. Thank you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ClaudRy said:

Hi Bj & Christine. Thank you for the answer. i am from philippines. I honestly have an ongoing petition. I was asked from the pre screening to final interview if I had a previous petition and I answered truthfully YES, year 2015. They asked me the reason and I said, I suffered from verbal harassmanet and J decided to broke him up before I received the eligibility letter. I just leave the petition without doing anything. i got interviewed in Sept. 7, 2018 for my current petition and the consulate announced "okay your visa is approved, kindly wait 5-10 working days for the delivery of the passport along with the visa." they have my passport. i am just worried that the previous petition might delay my visa. Do you know someone who has a previous petition but got approved and got a visa on hand? I hope to hear from you. Thank you...

I have no knowledge of anyone previously petitioning and having issues with a second petition. Since you've already been approved you just have to wait for your visa to be delivered since you've already been approved you just have to wait for your visa to be delivered you can contact them and ask them if anything is going on but probably just get a generic answer


event.png

 

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

 

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

 

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BJ & Christine said:

I have no knowledge of anyone previously petitioning and having issues with a second petition. Since you've already been approved you just have to wait for your visa to be delivered since you've already been approved you just have to wait for your visa to be delivered you can contact them and ask them if anything is going on but probably just get a generic answer

It's been 17 working days since they approved me on my interviewed or almost 30 days if we include weekends but the visa is not yet delivered. My case status was placed "Administrative Processing from Sept. 10 to Sept. 21" and my case last updated was "Sept. 24 to Application Received until today" I am not a 221g... I am just worried that my previous petition affects. Hotline of USEM in Manila can't answer me if it can affect. I am just hopeful coz I was approved. Please let me know if you know someone who has the same case. Thank you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez 

June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jbertucci said:

The visa expires after one year.  The petition expires after 4 months, but you can apply for an extension.   I would call to find out if you have to start over. 

Hi jbertucci, thank you for the answer. Do you think my previous or 2015 petition is already closed?and won't affect my current k1 petition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×