Hughlyn

Medical Exam Question

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So my fiancé had her vaccinations when she was 8 but does not sure if she can get records of them from that long ago.

Q: Should this be a concern or should she just get them again if possible ?

Also what medical reasons will create a denial. I understand things such as chlamydia, genital warts, genital herpes, gonorrhea, or any particular one ? I do understand  aids  is certainly a denial. I suspect if she does not test positive (which I’m sure she wont) it will not be an issue but I’m very curious.

What other medical reasons would create a denial that can be tested prior to NOA2 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also, she has never been tested for any STD. I asked her to get tested prior to the medical exam to ensure she has nothing. Also, if she does she can be honest and tell them she does which is best policy. 

If she does not get tested prior and she tells them she has no STD as she never has been tested, it could be viewed as she is lying in the rare event she actually does.

Suggestions ?

Edited by Hughlyn

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hughlyn said:

Also what medical reasons will create a denial. I understand things such as chlamydia, genital warts, genital herpes, gonorrhea, or any particular one ? I do understand  aids  is certainly a denial. I suspect if she does not test positive (which I’m sure she wont) it will not be an issue but I’m very curious.

What other medical reasons would create a denial that can be tested prior to NOA2 

From https://immigration.findlaw.com/visas/visas-reasons-for-ineligibility.html:

A foreign national is ineligible for a U.S. visa if he or she:

• Has a communicable disease that poses a public health risk. Note that being positive for HIV/AIDS does not render a foreign national ineligible for a visa.
  • Cannot show proof of vaccination against certain diseases including mumps, measles, pertussis, influenza type B, and hepatitis B.
  • Is determined to have a physical or mental disorder that may pose, or has posed, a threat to the safety, welfare, or property of the foreign national or of others.
  • Is determined to be an addict or abuser of illicit drugs.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Hughlyn said:

So my fiancé had her vaccinations when she was 8 but does not sure if she can get records of them from that long ago.

Q: Should this be a concern or should she just get them again if possible ?

No worries if she can not find vaccination records.

There is no reason to get vaccinations before the medical.  SLEC will administer the necessary vaccinations.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

4 hours ago, Hughlyn said:

Also, she has never been tested for any STD. I asked her to get tested prior to the medical exam to ensure she has nothing. Also, if she does she can be honest and tell them she does which is best policy. 

If she does not get tested prior and she tells them she has no STD as she never has been tested, it could be viewed as she is lying in the rare event she actually does.

Suggestions ?

Suggestions?     Relax.. you are stressing too much.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.