darth vader

Canadian August+September 2018 Case Complete To Interview For Spousal Visa Filers Thread

711 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats everyone who's got or is getting their appointments for November :)

CR-1 Visa
Texas Service Center
Montreal, Canada Consulate
Canadian Beneficiary/US Petitioner

Married: Nov 15, 2017
NOA1/PD Date: Jan 5, 2018
I-130 Approved: July 6, 2018 (6 months wait)
NVC Received Case: July 18, 2018 (12 days wait)
Received Case Number: August 10, 2018 (23 days wait)
Paid AOS & IV Bill: August 10, 2018
Was marked "PAID" August 15, 2018 at the CEAC site. (3 business days wait)

Filled out DS-261 & Supporting Docs: Tuesday August 21 2018

Uploaded AOS Forms & Supporting Docs: Friday August 24 2018

Case Complete: September 13, 2018

Appointment Date Email: November 9, 2018

Appointment Date: December 21, 2018

Visa Approved: December 21, 2018

Picked up Visa from Post Office: December 31, 2018

Received SSN: January 4th, 2019

Received GC in Mail: March 24, 2019

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Aug 9th CC but no news yet... Just called and the automated system said too many calls and to try back later. Wouldn't even allow you to hold. Eeeek so close 

Timeline

Frustrated and now worrying- 

Aug. 9th CC and still no news, and I called NVC again and got through. Not only do we not have anything scheduled, it shows our case got transferred to the embassy. The woman thought that was unusual, as normally NVC would schedule the interview first. So now we're in some limbo land...NVC doesn't have it, no interview was scheduled, and the embassy doesn't allow you to call at all. Going to try them by email. 

For those of you who found out your dates by calling instead of email- did NVC have the date? Or the embassy? Something else?

Timeline
On 10/1/2018 at 12:25 PM, MC1 said:

CC Sept 6.  

You can do it, Montreal.  I believe in you.  

No interview news yet, eh?  If you log into the CEAC site, did it change status to "in transit?"  Or still the same?  I ask because that's what happened for those who have recently gotten November interviews. And you're the next one I know of. 
The last interview I've seen posted so far was CC August 23rd, interview November 27th. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Katstar said:

I know this doesn’t add to clarity but I called on Friday (the second Friday) and was told that I wasn’t scheduled yet.  I called today (Monday)and found out that I’ve been given an appointment date/time and was processed to Montreal this morning, so who knows!

Can't tell if this is the same as me or not....when I called NVC the woman said it showed we had not been given an interview but that our case was transferred to Montreal. Which made me really nervous....but maybe this is the same thing? Except it sounds like they told you that you got transferred AND an appt so maybe not. We were Aug. 9th too. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Courtney86 said:

Aug. 9th CC and still no news, and I called NVC again and got through. Not only do we not have anything scheduled, it shows our case got transferred to the embassy. The woman thought that was unusual, as normally NVC would schedule the interview first. So now we're in some limbo land...NVC doesn't have it, no interview was scheduled, and the embassy doesn't allow you to call at all. Going to try them by email. 

For those of you who found out your dates by calling instead of email- did NVC have the date? Or the embassy? Something else?

That's so frustrating! Based on the dates, you definitely should have received a mid-November interview date. I hope you hear something soon!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Alyssamac90 said:

No interview news yet, eh?  If you log into the CEAC site, did it change status to "in transit?"  Or still the same?  I ask because that's what happened for those who have recently gotten November interviews. And you're the next one I know of. 
The last interview I've seen posted so far was CC August 23rd, interview November 27th. 

Where does it change to 'in transit' on CEAC? The only thing I see is 'Your case is currently at: Montreal'. Which I guess makes sense since NVC told me it got transferred... I'm so confused. 

1 hour ago, tnn2018 said:

Very excited to let you all know that I got my interview date in Montreal!!

cc: 8/23

interview: 11/27

Did you call in or get the email?! My case says its in transit. Ahhhh can someone give me the number to call?!

Removing Conditions timeline:

• I-90 accidentally submitted - 2020-08-14
  • I-751 submitted & received - 2021-03-26
  • Biometrics applied to case - 2021-04-21
  • Ready to schedule interview - 2021-12-22
  • Interview scheduled - 2022-01-04
  • Interview - 2022-02-01 / Postponed
  • New 10 year card being sent out!!!!
    2022-02-03 / Case Approved 2022-02-04

5 minutes ago, Courtney86 said:

Oh gosh, so frustrating. I saw the in transit on my tracker, called NVC and told them I saw that adjustment and asked if they have a date on file. She said yes and mentioned it can take a few days to get the actual email. It is my understanding that NVC has the dates and they send to Mtl after scheduling. Definitely try email or calling again. Fingers crossed for you.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Alyssamac90 said:

That's so frustrating! Based on the dates, you definitely should have received a mid-November interview date. I hope you hear something soon!

Thanks 😕 I was a bit frustrated seeing everyone else get them, esp. after our CC date, and not us but now I'm more worried about this whole 'getting transferred with no date' thing. Just crossing my fingers there's not something wrong with our case or anything like that.  

Timeline

Just now, arellah said:

Did you call in or get the email?! My case says its in transit. Ahhhh can someone give me the number to call?!

No email.

i called 1-603-334-0700

good luck!! There’s a bit of a wait

Consulate - Montreal, Canada

• I-130 sent - 2018-01-10
  • I-130 NOA1 - 2018-01-17
  • I-130 approved - 2018-06-23
  • NVC received - 2018-07-16
  • Received AOS + IV Invoices - 2018-08-08
  • Paid IV fee - 2018-08-08
  • Paid AOS fee - 2018-08-08
  • All submitted to NVC - 2018-08-11
  • Case Complete - 2018-08-23
  • Interview - 2018-11-27 

1 minute ago, tnn2018 said:

No email.

i called 1-603-334-0700

good luck!! There’s a bit of a wait

Thank you I am calling now!!! :D

Removing Conditions timeline:

• I-90 accidentally submitted - 2020-08-14
  • I-751 submitted & received - 2021-03-26
  • Biometrics applied to case - 2021-04-21
  • Ready to schedule interview - 2021-12-22
  • Interview scheduled - 2022-01-04
  • Interview - 2022-02-01 / Postponed
  • New 10 year card being sent out!!!!
    2022-02-03 / Case Approved 2022-02-04

4 minutes ago, Courtney86 said:

Can't tell if this is the same as me or not....when I called NVC the woman said it showed we had not been given an interview but that our case was transferred to Montreal. Which made me really nervous....but maybe this is the same thing? Except it sounds like they told you that you got transferred AND an appt so maybe not. We were Aug. 9th too. 

They had my date and time when I called NVC, but I’ve not received an email from them yet, so not the same... hopefully is just a small snag - good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.