darth vader

Canadian August+September 2018 Case Complete To Interview For Spousal Visa Filers Thread

711 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh, i can’t believe nothing has been booked yet for November! 2 weeks from now! I feel for you people who have CC dates at the beginning of August and pretty much know your interview is going to be at the beginning of November but cant book your medical or airline tickets yet, especially if you live far from Montreal! 

I’m from Ottawa, CC date Sept 21. I know it’s unlikely for me to get a date in November but I’d love for them to be booked so I know how far they got and how likely it is that I’ll get an interview in December. It would be really nice to spend Christmas with my husband :(

Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:57 PM, MtnBoarder said:

Where’s everyone from anyways? I’m just curious how far across our country this process hits. 

Im in Sarnia...border town with Michigan. 

Again, I’m just curious. Feel like we should get to know each other if we are in this boat for the long haul! 

I'm in Cannington but Work in Markham so basically i'm in Toronto.  This process is giving me a headache on a daily basis :P 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Alyssamac90 said:

Ugh, i can’t believe nothing has been booked yet for November! 2 weeks from now! I feel for you people who have CC dates at the beginning of August and pretty much know your interview is going to be at the beginning of November but cant book your medical or airline tickets yet, especially if you live far from Montreal! 

I’m from Ottawa, CC date Sept 21. I know it’s unlikely for me to get a date in November but I’d love for them to be booked so I know how far they got and how likely it is that I’ll get an interview in December. It would be really nice to spend Christmas with my husband :(

I understand completely. My son's birthday will pass (again), and now it looks like Christmas will pass (again) before  my husband gets home. It truly is just a waiting game now, but  it is agonizing nonetheless. Hang in there, one day at a time. 😕 And we were so hoping to not have to make the cross country trip home in the dead  of winter. It's a 4 day drive from eastern BC to western NC. 

Timeline

We submitted all of our NVC documents 2 weeks ago and still waiting on a Case Complete email. I'm from Vancouver Island, British Columbia. Following along on this thread closely to see when you all get your interviews scheduled. Thinking good thoughts for you all!

2 hours ago, Alyssamac90 said:

Well they seem to give you almost 30 days from the email so I’m not to confident that any of us are going to be getting an early November date at this time. I’m seriously praying for mid November at this point, and that seems to be a stretch with every passing hour! 

Im just shocked to wake up and still see nothing for any of us! 

3 hours ago, Katstar said:

CC date August 9th - no appointment yet.  I called the visa centre phone line on Friday and they told me that they are still scheduling interviews for November in Montreal, so fingers crossed.

They schedule interviews until around the middle of the month, and then they receive an email notice saying all dates are done for the month.  In September, they finished scheduling the October interviews around Sept 19th.

Yet at the very end of September they gave out a bunch of dates for the end of October still. I think the problem is that they tell many of us too many different things, so it’s hard to really get the truth. The NVC told me directly, months ago, that they only schedule for Montreal at the very end of the month. Yet month after month that has clearly proven untrue.

so, who knows anymore what they really do!? I think we will know what they do when we each get our appointment booked, until then it’s a big ‘ol guessing game

Edited by MtnBoarder

On 10/9/2018 at 11:03 PM, darth vader said:

My wife figured that out by noticing the interview assignment dates on the vj spreadsheet.

I know this doesn’t add to clarity but I called on Friday (the second Friday) and was told that I wasn’t scheduled yet.  I called today (Monday)and found out that I’ve been given an appointment date/time and was processed to Montreal this morning, so who knows!

35 minutes ago, Katstar said:

I know this doesn’t add to clarity but I called on Friday (the second Friday) and was told that I wasn’t scheduled yet.  I called today (Monday)and found out that I’ve been given an appointment date/time and was processed to Montreal this morning, so who knows!   

what class are you? IR/CR?

Edited by MtnBoarder

Timeline

Very excited to let you all know that I got my interview date in Montreal!!

cc: 8/23

interview: 11/27

Edited by tnn2018

Consulate - Montreal, Canada

• I-130 sent - 2018-01-10
  • I-130 NOA1 - 2018-01-17
  • I-130 approved - 2018-06-23
  • NVC received - 2018-07-16
  • Received AOS + IV Invoices - 2018-08-08
  • Paid IV fee - 2018-08-08
  • Paid AOS fee - 2018-08-08
  • All submitted to NVC - 2018-08-11
  • Case Complete - 2018-08-23
  • Interview - 2018-11-27 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, MtnBoarder said:

Just called he NVC NOVEMBER 9TH 8AM!!!!💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

just to recap, my CC is August 6th IR1

Omg this makes me panic, I am on the phone with them to get the interview date, our CC is August 2 and that would make it like 2 weeks to the interview! (gotta go to Montreal from Vancouver)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.