darth vader

Canadian August+September 2018 Case Complete To Interview For Spousal Visa Filers Thread

711 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Updated:

@Hill.ary Aug. 2nd / Nov. 6th

@MtnBoarder Aug. 6th / Nov. 9th

@Katstar Aug. 9th / Nov. 13th 

@centralpork Aug. 9th / Nov. 13th

@Courtney86 Aug. 9th / ______ (nothing scheduled; NVC said it was transferred to Montreal)

@mumble Aug. 20th / ______

@vnca Aug. 20th /  ______

@homeagain Aug. 22nd / Nov. 27th

@tnn2018 Aug. 23rd / Nov. 27th

@arellah Aug. 23rd / Nov. 27th

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Courtney86 said:

Updated:

@Courtney86 Aug. 9th / ______ (nothing scheduled; NVC said it was transferred to Montreal)

@mumble Aug. 20th / ______

@ayazk is 8/22 and @jhk89 is 8/7 (although he hasn't been online in a little over a week)

2 hours ago, msdupuis said:

@arellah Was the last I had following for August and it looks like she’s getting great news as well soon. :) I believe @MtnBoarder has a cc date of 9/6 as well. 

Mine was 8/6. I waited 11 weeks and 1 day to finally hear something 

update: just saw the correction on the previous page, I figure when I saw a “”9/6” it was a mistake. 

Anyways, it looks like they are still on time with 30 days out from the scheduled date, so that’s good.  Hang in there guys, this wait is a killer, I’ll never miss it!

Edited by MtnBoarder

2 hours ago, Alyssamac90 said:

No interview news yet, eh?  If you log into the CEAC site, did it change status to "in transit?"  Or still the same?  I ask because that's what happened for those who have recently gotten November interviews. And you're the next one I know of. 
The last interview I've seen posted so far was CC August 23rd, interview November 27th. 

No interview for me yet.  (cc September 6.). Am I then based on the tally?  That's great.  Does that mean there's a change for me to get a November date?  I have set my expectations so low I have been preparing for a January date so far 🙄

I'm in Vancouver BC.  Hi All!

Timeline
1 minute ago, MC1 said:

No interview for me yet.  (cc September 6.). Am I then based on the tally?  That's great.  Does that mean there's a change for me to get a November date?  I have set my expectations so low I have been preparing for a January date so far 🙄

I'm in Vancouver BC.  Hi All!

Awesome! Yes, I think you're next, at least of anyone's dates I've seen through this forum!  January is so far away so i hope we both get interviews in December! (or maybe you in late November!) 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Alyssamac90 said:

Awesome! Yes, I think you're next, at least of anyone's dates I've seen through this forum!  January is so far away so i hope we both get interviews in December! (or maybe you in late November!) 

There is definitely a chance that November may still hold some dates for us September people. They ended up scheduling a whole other set last month later in the week. I’m not giving up by any means yet! :) My hope is even if they don’t schedule more, they get back on track for scheduling at the end of the month and freeing the first week back up of each month for scheduling. They seem to be scheduling so late in the month that the first week is a bust. Maybe they’re doing other types of visa that week... who knows? We definitely can’t ask our friends at the NVC! We’d get twenty-five different answers. Haha. Regardless, September people will have December interviews for sure and you’ll have a wonderful Xmas with your spouses. I’m calling it and refusing to accept any other answer or option. January is too long! 

Timeline
On 10/1/2018 at 11:13 AM, darth vader said:

Got my interview date too! CC was aug 20th.  Interview date is Nov 26th st 8 am. I had to call in to get info.  Email still to follow with instructions.   But yay!! Planning can begin! 

Question

Once your interview is done... do you need to stick around for an extra day or anything? Can I leave that day?

Timeline

Updated again:

@jhk89 Aug. 7th / _____ (hasn't been online recently)

@Courtney86 Aug. 9th / ______ (nothing scheduled; NVC said it was transferred to Montreal)

@mumbles1416 Aug. 20th / Nov. 26th

@ayazk Aug. 22nd / _____

1 hour ago, mumbles1416 said:

Got my interview date too! CC was aug 20th.  Interview date is Nov 26th st 8 am. I had to call in to get info.  Email still to follow with instructions.   But yay!! Planning can begin! 

Question

Once your interview is done... do you need to stick around for an extra day or anything? Can I leave that day?

No because they take your passport and then they courier it back to you a short time later. Once you get that you’re good to go. It sounds like it’s within a matter of days that it comes back to to you 

Timeline

Congratulations to everyone that has received an interview. It’s about time ! 1 more step closer to starting your new life in the USA. Good luck to everyone in they’re interview.

Service Center: Nebraska 

Consulate: Montreal, Canada 

Marriage: 1994-07-02

I-130 Sent: 2017-11-13

I-130 NOA1: 2017-11-17

I-130 RFE: 2018-06-01 (Requested Large Marriage Certificate-Applied to Government for Certificate)

I-130 RFE Sent: 2018-06-29

USCIS Email Received acknowledging receipt of RFE: 2018-07-10-same date shows received on USCIS website.

I-130 Approval NOA2 Letter received with Notice date of: 2018-08-10

I-130 Approved-NOA2 USCIS Website: 2018-08-13 

USCIS Email received stating we sent your case to NVC on: 2018-08-20 (Email received: 2018-09-13)

NVC Received Case: 2018-08-27-Date received by phone call to NVC-advice given to call NVC 7 days after case sent to NVC

Called and also emailed NVC to ask question about New Requirement for Police Certificate Effective Sept 10th: 2018-09-07, was advised would take 8 weeks for case number from date received at NVC. (Only took 3 weeks)

Received Case number: 2018-09-18-Email Received 

Received AOS & IV Bill: 2018-09-18-Email Received

Paid AOS & IV Bills: 2018-10-09

CEAC website shows AOS & IV as "Paid":  2018-10-11 (2 business days) 

IV Application (DS260) completed: 2018-11-01

Submitted AOS & IV Documents: 2018-11-04

Case Complete: 2018-11-09 

Interview date received by phone call and email: 2018-12-17

Interview Date: Jan 25, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. 

Interview Complete: APPROVED ! 🙂🙂

Passport/Visa received at home address in BC: 2019-02-01

Timeline

Confirmed!!! Nov. 13th @ 8am. Called NV again today and whomever I spoke to yesterday was totally wrong. I had a date the entire time (facepalm). But whatever, yay!! Updated list below. :)

@jhk89 Aug. 7th / _____ (hasn't been online recently)

@Courtney86 Aug. 9th / Nov. 13th

@mumbles1416 Aug. 20th / Nov. 26th

@vnca Aug. 20th /  ______ (EB3 visa)

@ayazk Aug. 22nd / Nov. 27th 

Maybe one of the next group of people can start a new list like this to keep it organized for all of you? Good luck!! 

Timeline

@Katstar and @centralpork looks like I'll see you both that day! :) What are your names, btw? I'm Courtney and my Canadian wife is Candice. We'll both be there, flying in from Calgary! Also, have you called for your medical yet if you're doing it in Montreal? Curious how many days ahead they will need to schedule it since our interview is on a Tuesday. 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Courtney86 said:

@Katstar and @centralpork Also, have you called for your medical yet if you're doing it in Montreal? Curious how many days ahead they will need to schedule it since our interview is on a Tuesday. 

Can't figure out how to edit my last post, but I already called and answered my own question. The latest day you can book medical for that interview date is Nov. 7th. Didn't sound like they had too many appointments open, so I rec. booking asap if you need one and don't want to be in Montreal longer.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.