GoBig

Minnesota : when oath is scheduled after interview approval

4 posts in this topic

does anyone know how soon the interview notice will be scheduled after passing the interview ? my interview was 2 weeks ago and in line for the oath. Can't wait to vote this year. thanks

H1b ---> EB-1A (I-140) ---> I-485 AOS(Green Card) ---> 5 years --->  US Citizenship N400 application

• Day 011/16/2017, e-filing N400
  • Day 3069/18/2018,  interview day--passed and in line for oath.
  • Day 332: 10/15/2018, Oath Day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

That depends on how busy your local uscis office is for oath ceremonies. In my case my n400 interview was on May 2nd and my ceremony was on the 18th the same month. Keep checking your status online to see any update anything to make sure you don't miss the letter in the mail. Hope you get news soon.

18 hours ago, Sunnyland said:

That depends on how busy your local uscis office is for oath ceremonies. In my case my n400 interview was on May 2nd and my ceremony was on the 18th the same month. Keep checking your status online to see any update anything to make sure you don't miss the letter in the mail. Hope you get news soon.

based on my research, all oath events in our state  are hosted at state courthouse and scheduled according to their availability.. the applicants who requested name change through oath in front of the judge. they often wait for longer time. 

However, for those regular applicants who don't need name change ,there is no need to have oath at the courthouse with the Judge presence. that's why lots of regular applicants in many field offices can have oath on the same day of interview approval or soon in the same month. but this is not the case in Minnesota.

H1b ---> EB-1A (I-140) ---> I-485 AOS(Green Card) ---> 5 years --->  US Citizenship N400 application

• Day 011/16/2017, e-filing N400
  • Day 3069/18/2018,  interview day--passed and in line for oath.
  • Day 332: 10/15/2018, Oath Day

• 4 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

@GoBig, how long did it take to schedule an oath in your case?

ATTENTION!!!   Minneapolis N400 filers,  please use the link below to review others or update your status .!  Changes will be saved automatically. Best luck to all of us! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q2WooojyQKVxbF_N6bxO8muQM8QjybXZVv5QzSqDWAk/edit?usp=sharing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.