Aymerlu

What to beleive???

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Since I am getting no comments on the K-1 topic, I thought I would try here. :D

Our case has been on AP for almost 6 weeks. Being the brave soul I am I decided to call the visa center today. I spoke with a woman I really could not understand. All she said was that his AR was going to take 3-6 more month! That just put me into meltdown. After my co-workers got me calmed down they told me to call back again. So I called back and spoke to a woman I could understand. She told me that they had sent info to the embassy a few days ago for additional info. Guessing a RFE? But wouldn't the RFE come before now???? She said the embassy would be contacting him for the info and once he bring in the info, they could possibly give him the visa then....OR they could send the case BACK to Washington! So do I beleive either one of them? My fiance is so upset because he was going to be leaving Cairo to teach for a few days.

Seriously....I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow to get on some meds before I have a mental breakdown.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Amy it sounds like your in the AP that I am. It is more background checks and they have no time limit to complete them. I keep getting the run around as well. Our 45 days is now 102 days and still counting. I call DOS and they say in reviews at embassy level. Last Friday Ishteaq called the embassy and man told him to not to worry he was in security checks. I have more checks that can be done that are even on the USC and both must match. Take a look at the two pages of checks that can be ordered that are in addtion to the others.

http://www.occ.treas.gov/corpbook/occforms...me%20check'

Sorry not much I can say but try and stay strong and hopefully all the checks will complete. Too if they order several checks and one expires before they others are complete they have to reorder it again. :( Senator, congressman, or lawyer cannot expediate any of these checks. Hope you get some positive news soon, too.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Timeline

Our case has been on AP for almost 6 weeks. Being the brave soul I am I decided to call the visa center today. I spoke with a woman I really could not understand. All she said was that his AR was going to take 3-6 more month! That just put me into meltdown. After my co-workers got me calmed down they told me to call back again. So I called back and spoke to a woman I could understand. She told me that they had sent info to the embassy a few days ago for additional info. Guessing a RFE? But wouldn't the RFE come before now???? She said the embassy would be contacting him for the info and once he bring in the info, they could possibly give him the visa then....OR they could send the case BACK to Washington! So do I beleive either one of them? My fiance is so upset because he was going to be leaving Cairo to teach for a few days.

Seriously....I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow to get on some meds before I have a mental breakdown.

What is an RFE?

I'm really sorry to hear what you're going through. I can certainly understand your confusion and I would be in the same frame of mind. Have you also tried emailing the Embassy directly? I have done this in the past and they have been good about replying. I will pray for the both of you really hard that he has his visa in hand soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What is an RFE?

Requesting further evidence.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

What is an RFE?

I'm really sorry to hear what you're going through. I can certainly understand your confusion and I would be in the same frame of mind. Have you also tried emailing the Embassy directly? I have done this in the past and they have been good about replying. I will pray for the both of you really hard that he has his visa in hand soon.

RFE is "request for addition information" I have no clue what other info they could want since they basically have both our life histories in front of them. I emailed the embassy earlier so I should hear from them Sunday or Monday hopefully. I just want to know what the deal is.

How did your interview go??????? Did you hear from him?

Don't know what to tell you. Just wait to see what Cairo says next.

While we were waiting, the emails I sent to Cairo only said "still waiting on DOS to finish security clearance". DOS says "no updates. these clearances can take from 3-6 months". And we never got any RFEs or home checks or anything like happened to other people. LOL, I was in Cairo for the last of the time waiting, so I forgot about it. But you see what happened to me . .. 4 1/2 months of waiting. . . sure was a long wait. . . . but a nice surprise to find out Ahmed had his visa the day after I got back, LOL!!!

Sorry you have to go through more of this confusion, but it will be OK . . . just waiting makes you want to tear out your hair and abuse a few bags of chips, LOL!!! Oh, and I don't mean "just_waiting", LOL . . . I think she has already done that once this week, hahahahahah :lol::lol::lol: .

What is an RFE?

RFE is "request for addition information" I have no clue what other info they could want since they basically have both our life histories in front of them. I emailed the embassy earlier so I should hear from them Sunday or Monday hopefully. I just want to know what the deal is.

How did your interview go??????? Did you hear from him?

I've been sitting here proverbially holding your hand this afternoon. My day has been spent in tears. Just can't quite get a grip on myself. Yes, I heard from him. 10 hours at the Embassy total. He forgot his stupid receipt from CIB so they said they could not interview him today. He asked her "Did I screw up my chances?" She said no, absolutely not. It's just procedure and he has to have that for them to proceed. She then scheduled him in for Sunday, gave him a new letter for the gate, and had him pay TNT and get his prints scanned. He said he thinks it was the for the best, because he was so freaked out he couldn't remember which was his right hand and which was his left. He was really beating himself up for forgetting. He dragged everything else. He was just trying too hard. I knew this would happen to him. He said now he can chill out because he knows what to expect and its not so bad. I told him I owe him one punch on the arm when I meet in the airport. He laughed.

Don't get too discouraged just yet with your situation. You know, this IS the government we are dealing with and the enormity of their task just leaves huge margins for confusion or crossing of information. I know I am no one to talk at the moment, but just don't jump to conclusions yet. It may not be as bad as it seems. Hang in there. Eat chocolate. Cry when you need to. Write me messages if you need to and spill. I don't mind. I sure made a royal ### of myself this morning. One thing is for sure. THIS IS DAMN HARD. But we're women! We can handle it! (???)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

[

Aymerlu,

I was really shocked when I got an RFE too, and it was for the dumbest thing. Proof of my citizenship, even though I has sent them copies of every page in my passport! Hopefully it will be something small :D

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.