18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here's our situation. We about to apply for AOS on a K1. We have the DS-3025 which indicates the TD vaccine was not given because it's not available in the Philippines. I found a Civil Surgeon who will do the TD vaccine and the I-693A. My wife is pregnant (yeah!) and in her the first trimester. Although most of the medical community believes that the TD vaccine is safe during pregnancy, the CDC suggests waiting until the second trimester to give the TD to avoid any possible problems (all theoretical of course), so we're going to take the safe route and delay the TD until her second trimester. It's just not worth the risk, however small, so we're not going to take any chances.

We have an appointment to submit the AOS docs on 5/22 (Albuquerque USCIS requires docs submitted in person). We have the DS-3025 which shows that the TD vaccine was not given. I can also give them a letter explaining that my wife is in her first trimester we are waiting until the second trimester to get the TD vaccine. I don't really know if the I-693A is required an the time the AOS docs are submitted, or can be provided at the interview (hmmm, is there an interview for a K1 AOS?).

So, I suspect they will either approve the AOS with the DS-3025 and my letter of explaination about the TD vaccine, or they will give us an RFE for the missing TD vaccine and I-693A. If they give us an RFE, in 7 weeks we will be in the second trimester and we will get the TD vaccine and get the I-693A.

Any suggestions or comments?

If you get an RFE on a K1 AOS, how long do you have to submit the requested docs?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
What is "TD"? Tetanus?

Tetanus-Diphtheria

march-08' 07= AOS package sent

march-09' 07= AOS package received Chicago

march-24' 07= NOA1

march-27' 07=received biometric sched

April- 11' 07=biometric shed & done

April- 13' 07=received Interview sched

May- 23' 07=Interview--- APPROVED!

May- 29 07= Card production ordered

June 04 07= Green Card Received!

The civil surgeon can complete an I-693a and annotate it that TD was not given due to pregnancy. You will need the I-693a.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

In medical abbreviations Td is just Tetnus (no diptheria like previous poster stated). Just a note the CS is not required to give the vaccinations you can go to your family doctor to have this done if it would be cheaper.

Persons not required to have a medical examination.

--

Fiancé(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who hada medical examination within the past year asrequired for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, youonly need to submit a vaccination supplement, not theentire medical report. You MAY include thevaccination supplement with your adjustment ofstatus application.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf

Some people do not turn in the I-693A and have no issues. You can chance getting an RFE... as far as I know you can take as long as you want to return the requested evidence... but I haven't seen one so can't say for sure. Just that it will delay your processing as long as they don't have what they need. You will need it for your interview if you have one though. Often it takes at least 6 weeks to get your interview.

Good luck,

Kristina

Edited by StormnRolly

Feb 25, 2006... Submitted I-129F

Jan 4, 2007... Interview date Visa in Passport

Jan 30,2007... POE Blaine Washington, Pacific Truck Crossing

March 8, 2007... Mailed AOS and EAD

May 21, 2007... AOS application APPROVED with interview (Day 67)WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

May 29, 2007... GREEN CARD ARRIVES.. and email from CRIS approval notice sent (Day 75)

Sept 25, 2008... Moved to the UK

Feb 24, 2009... Mailed I-751 to CSC from UK

December 30, 2009... Approval notice!!

Jan 9, 2010... 10 year GREEN CARD arrives.

May 31, 2012... Express Mailed N-400 application to the Nebraska Service Center for military spouses filing overseas

Jun 11, 2012... NOA date and Cheque cashed Day 11

Jun 28, 2012... Placed in line for interview scheduling Day 28

Jul 20, 2012... Email from USCIS London for info to schedule interview Day 50

Sep 1, 2012... Moved back to the USA

Sep 12, 2012... Email from USCIS London scheduled for interview/oath Sept 28th in the UK(will be day 120)

Nov 26, 2012... Had submitted change of addresses. Notification that I have again been scheduled for interview Day 179

Dec 1, 2012... Letter arrived Day 184 with new interview date Jan 4, 2013 (Will be day 218)

event.png

Timeline
The civil surgeon can complete an I-693a and annotate it that TD was not given due to pregnancy. You will need the I-693a.

The civil surgeon's office I talked to said they consider the TD "safe" during pregnancy and would normally give it. However, they also said they would annotate the I-693A to say that TD was not given due to pregnancy, if we can get her OBGYN to give us a note recommending waiting until the second trimester for the TD vaccine. So, that's one way we can go about it, if the OBGYN agrees that the TD vaccine should be delayed (we haven't asked yet). Right now it's just us (and the CDC recommendation) saying that the TD vaccine should be delayed until the second trimester due to the theroetical possibility of the tetanus or diptheria toxiods being teratogenic. So, it's a matter of opinion, and where our baby's health is at stake, our opinion rules.

As the CDC states at http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/preg_guide.htm:

"Although no evidence exists that tetanus and diphtheria toxoids are teratogenic, waiting until the second trimester of pregnancy to administer Td is a reasonable precaution for minimizing any concern about the theoretical possibility of such reactions."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
In medical abbreviations Td is just Tetnus (no diptheria like previous poster stated).

TD is Tetnus Diptheria. A combination vaccine.

http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/vis/vis-td.pdf

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
In medical abbreviations Td is just Tetnus (no diptheria like previous poster stated).

TD is Tetnus Diptheria. A combination vaccine.

http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/vis/vis-td.pdf

= this is exactly what the cs gave after my Tetanus-Diphtheria Shot done

march-08' 07= AOS package sent

march-09' 07= AOS package received Chicago

march-24' 07= NOA1

march-27' 07=received biometric sched

April- 11' 07=biometric shed & done

April- 13' 07=received Interview sched

May- 23' 07=Interview--- APPROVED!

May- 29 07= Card production ordered

June 04 07= Green Card Received!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Just an update. We asked my wife's OB-GYN for a note recommending delay of the TD vaccine until 2nd or 3rd trimester. The doc said she doesn't ever give TD during any stage of pregnancy. She gave us a note for the CS but the note said that Florenda "may delay the TD vaccine", not "should delay the vaccine", so I don't know if that will fly with the CS. We have heard of a few cases where people submit for AOS without the I-693 (only the DS-3025) and get their AOS approved with no questions, so maybe we'll just submit it like that.

Oh, and we got to hear the heartbeat of our baby with the doppler heartbeat monitor. Now THAT was COOL. :)

Timeline
We have an appointment to submit the AOS docs on 5/22 (Albuquerque USCIS requires docs submitted in person).

Why are you submitting them to the office in Albuquerque? Family based AOS (you fit in there cause you're K-1) are supposed to send the application to the Chicago Lockbox.

Am I missing something? :unsure:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just an update. We asked my wife's OB-GYN for a note recommending delay of the TD vaccine until 2nd or 3rd trimester. The doc said she doesn't ever give TD during any stage of pregnancy. She gave us a note for the CS but the note said that Florenda "may delay the TD vaccine", not "should delay the vaccine", so I don't know if that will fly with the CS. We have heard of a few cases where people submit for AOS without the I-693 (only the DS-3025) and get their AOS approved with no questions, so maybe we'll just submit it like that.

Oh, and we got to hear the heartbeat of our baby with the doppler heartbeat monitor. Now THAT was COOL. :)

If the "may delay" isn't good enough perhaps you could go back and get her to rephrase to "should delay". :)

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Yes you are missing something..... the OP comes from Texas and can take part in the DORA program.... they file at their local office not Chicago....

Last time I looked Albuquerque was in New Mexico, not Texas.

Timeline
Yes you are missing something..... the OP comes from Texas and can take part in the DORA program.... they file at their local office not Chicago....

Kez

I know about the exception for certain areas and my geography sucks, but last time I checked, Albuquerque (where the OP says he's submitting his application) is in New Mexico, not Texas. I did a search for the local offices for New Mexico on USCIS's website and there's one in Albuquerque, New Mexico (I'm assuming that's the OP's local office seeing as that's where the application will be filed), and one in El Paso, Texas (one that is an exception to the Chicago Lockbox rule).

First of all, CONGRATS on your baby! Hearing heartbeat on Doppler, that means your baby is more than 4 weeks AOG (because that is when baby's heart starts to pump- 4 wks AOG). TD/Td is safe for pregnant mothers. OB-Gyne in the Philippines would even give Tetanus prophylaxis (Tetanus Toxoid) on pregnant mothers on the 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy (2 doses prior to giving birth) to prevent "tetanus Neonatorum" (for baby's protection) and also for the mother's protection. TD/Td is a booster dose that is given every 10 years (if patient have not been given active immunization of tetanus/diphtheria in the past 5 years)... but this is usually safe for both the pregnant mother and the baby.

A supplement vaccination form with remarks that states that TD vaccine was not given or will be delayed due to pregnancy should suffice. Good luck to both of you and congrats again!

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.