rgerardob

Is it really taking up to 6 month to get an interview date from Ciudad Juarez

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We received our NVC case number and invoices on Friday, I was getting excited thinking we were almost at the finish line but I've been hearing that the Cd Juarez consulate is taking forever to assign an interview date.

Timeline
59 minutes ago, denniam said:

Yes.  It took ours forever.  We received our NOA2 June 4 and the first available date for an interview was October 29th. 

Just a quick question. Once you are able to schedule an appointment, do you get to choose a date from available open dates, or do they automatically just assign a date to you? Thanks in advance😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, R.DeLeon79 said:

Just a quick question. Once you are able to schedule an appointment, do you get to choose a date from available open dates, or do they automatically just assign a date to you? Thanks in advance😊

For us we had to log in after filling out the DS-160 and pay our fee then we could schedule it from available dates (the first of which was 4 months out). They never sent us a date.  The instructions and such are very confusing. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

K-1s schedule their own appointments dates in Juarez, yes, we took almost 3 and a half months to secure one. 

CR-1 and IR-1 are given the date by the consulate. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/24/2018 at 8:28 PM, 4A2 said:

K-1s schedule their own appointments dates in Juarez, yes, we took almost 3 and a half months to secure one. 

CR-1 and IR-1 are given the date by the consulate. 

Hi 4A2,

do you know how it works for F2As? Given by consulate? or open to book it?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, GCatx19 said:

Hi 4A2,

do you know how it works for F2As? Given by consulate? or open to book it?

Not familiar with this type of visa. Sorry!

Timeline

I am a CR-1 all documents were mailed and Nvc received them on Monday . Waiting for a CC . How can I check how long will it be taking afternoon my CC to get interview in Ciudad Juárez ?

thanks in advance 

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline

Bumping this topic- My husband had all his documents turned in on August 20th of 2017 and it only took until September 27th (1.5 months later) for Juarez to schedule his visa appointment for 7 weeks out on November 15th of 2017.

We're repeating the process for my stepson, and although we had all documents received at the NVC by October 25th. If waiting times were the same as last year we should be getting his appointment any day now, but I'm afraid we're not going to get anything scheduled until January or February for March or April, if we're lucky. 

If anyone has any information about the waiting times between finishing at the NVC and getting the appointment confirmation from Ciudad Juarez, let us know! They don't post any timeframes on the consulate website.

Timeline

Right now it is taking over 9 months for an interview in Ciudad Juarez. Last week they finally finished  scheduling interviews for cases completed with NVC in April 2018 for January dates. They have been assigning interviews for April cases for 6 months. I also saw a few May cc dates receive interview dates in January also. Hopefully they are able to pick up the pace. If it  takes 6 months to get through one month of closed cases the back log will be extremely long. We have  cc date of Sept 12, 2018. I am really hoping to get a summer interview date. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.