Andres

DS-261 and forward procedure

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

Guys,

I finally received my "NVC Welcome letter" and i want to ensure i understand  the  steps to follow the  procedure. 

- D-261 filled online, waited 3 weeks and then Payed the fee ( $120  ) for AOS. this is  where i have question.

- the i-864 is to be sent over mail with the the following check list ?

image.png.9554a61e93a058a95167b2536c3246ea.png

When i login to my case. this is what i see

form.PNG.6efca387fec7f70ed59007fabe4d104a.PNG

Do i start the "visa application"? also there is a fee for that, but shows $0 - When do i pay that?

and lastly. everything in the checklist is required ( even military record ?)

Thank you for all the help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hello Andres,

I pretty much have the same question. I am not able to pay the IV fee yet but I already paid the AOS fee. 

You can't start the visa application because you first have to pay the IV fee.

As far as what is in the checklist, whatever applies to the applicant is what you are going to have to obtain in order to send to NVC

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 9/23/2018 at 5:53 PM, ebarros92 said:

Hello Andres,

I pretty much have the same question. I am not able to pay the IV fee yet but I already paid the AOS fee. 

You can't start the visa application because you first have to pay the IV fee.

As far as what is in the checklist, whatever applies to the applicant is what you are going to have to obtain in order to send to NVC

Hopefully somebody can come in an provide some guidance. So i cannot sent the AOS form or anything from the checklist, until i pay both fees? the AOS form and checklist docs get sent at the same time?  or i  can send the AOS form now?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.