ufc_cat

vaccinations.....is this a problem??

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

My wife went to get her vaccinations but i am confused on what this will do with us getting her Ir-1 visa.I found out my wife needs to get 2 more injections for Tetanus and diphtheria....but the doctor told her that one takes about a one month and the final one takes 8 months before she can get the final injection.

So, when she goes to take her medical exam, her vaccination report will be incomplete because she wont have that THIRD(Tetanus and diphtheria injection)and final injection before her med exam. Does this mean we are screwed from getting the IR-1 in the next month???

Can she still get the visa and enter the US if we are missing just one injeection??

Any advice....we are planning to be in the states by AUG!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Normally having had the first in a any series of vaccinations is sufficient. Even Civil Surgeons in the US sign off on I-693 supplements for K visas when they've only had one shot - I doubt you'll have any problem.

Hello,

My wife went to get her vaccinations but i am confused on what this will do with us getting her Ir-1 visa.I found out my wife needs to get 2 more injections for Tetanus and diphtheria....but the doctor told her that one takes about a one month and the final one takes 8 months before she can get the final injection.

So, when she goes to take her medical exam, her vaccination report will be incomplete because she wont have that THIRD(Tetanus and diphtheria injection)and final injection before her med exam. Does this mean we are screwed from getting the IR-1 in the next month???

Can she still get the visa and enter the US if we are missing just one injeection??

Any advice....we are planning to be in the states by AUG!!!

It must be the diptheria that needs the further shots... it definitely is not Tetanus, cause that is only 1 shot (every 10yrs )

12140.gif

Tetanus-Diphtheria (TD) shots are given together. This can be given and done when your wife settles here in the US. Since TD shots are not routinely given in my Country: Philippines (and not available), all applicants are advised to get the TD shots in the US.

But since she's on an IR-1 visa she may opt not to get it. Or she can go to any Civil Surgeons to get the TD shots and have the record transfer to the I-693 Supplement Vaccination form. But IR and CR visa category need not really have to do it since we are not subject for an Adjustment of Status. Hope this info helps.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Timeline
Tetanus-Diphtheria (TD) shots are given together. This can be given and done when your wife settles here in the US. Since TD shots are not routinely given in my Country: Philippines (and not available), all applicants are advised to get the TD shots in the US.

But since she's on an IR-1 visa she may opt not to get it. Or she can go to any Civil Surgeons to get the TD shots and have the record transfer to the I-693 Supplement Vaccination form. But IR and CR visa category need not really have to do it since we are not subject for an Adjustment of Status. Hope this info helps.

By the time you are in the US on a spousal visa, it's too late. For immigrant visas, vaccinations are required for the interview, precisely because there is no AOS in the US and it needs to be done prior to visa issuance. Perhaps there are exceptions made in the Philippines or in other countries where the vaccination is not available, but I personally would not take the risk of not getting them since they are not optional.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...tml#Vaccination

Vaccination Requirements

In general, applicants for immigrant visas are required to have all of the following vaccinations:

Mumps

Measles

Rubella

Polio

Tetanus and diptheria toxoids

Pertussis

Influenza type B

Hepatitis B

Varicella

Pneumococcal

Bring your vaccination records to the immigrant visa medical examination, if you have them. The panel physician decides which vaccinations you will need, appropriate to your age, medical condition and medical history.

I found her document and it was in japanese so it was a little hard to translate but she needs 2 DT/TD injection(we are going to get the 2nd this friday) but we have to wait 6-12 months for the final injection.

She also needs a mumps injection.

i hope we can still go the IR-1 route because i had no idea we would have this immunisation issue before our interview...we cant wait 6 more months, it times to leave this place....

kitkat1 said Tetanus-Diphtheria (TD) shots are given together. This can be given and done when your wife settles here in the US. Since TD shots are not routinely given in my Country: Philippines (and not available), all applicants are advised to get the TD shots in the US.

But since she's on an IR-1 visa she may opt not to get it. Or she can go to any Civil Surgeons to get the TD shots and have the record transfer to the I-693 Supplement Vaccination form. (what about this??) But IR and CR visa category need not really have to do it since we are not subject for an Adjustment of Status. Hope this info helps.

By the time you are in the US on a spousal visa, it's too late. For immigrant visas, vaccinations are required for the interview, precisely because there is no AOS in the US and it needs to be done prior to visa issuance. Perhaps there are exceptions made in the Philippines or in other countries where the vaccination is not available, but I personally would not take the risk of not getting them since they are not optional.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...tml#Vaccination

Vaccination Requirements

In general, applicants for immigrant visas are required to have all of the following vaccinations:

Mumps

Measles

Rubella

Polio

Tetanus and diptheria toxoids

Pertussis

Influenza type B

Hepatitis B

Varicella

Pneumococcal

Bring your vaccination records to the immigrant visa medical examination, if you have them. The panel physician decides which vaccinations you will need, appropriate to your age, medical condition and medical history.

Timeline

Just read the vaccination requirements on the website posted above. If something has to be given in two doses (normally only hepatitis is like this) she will have the first in her country. If she chooses to have the follow up, she can do that in the US. Having only had the first does is not going to present a problem at her interview.

Just read the vaccination requirements on the website posted above. If something has to be given in two doses (normally only hepatitis is like this) she will have the first in her country. If she chooses to have the follow up, she can do that in the US. Having only had the first does is not going to present a problem at her interview.

Sweet....that would be awesome....she had the 1st one last year and we will get the 2nd TD/DP this week.You saved me a big head ache....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.