SweireP

I-130 filed and waiting

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi All, 

New member here and have been reading through the forum but have some questions. 

First a bit background, we met last year during a gaming event. Seems to be a few in this forum that has done the same from what i read. Shes a US citizen and i am Swedish citizen but I have been living in Ireland the last 9 years for work. We found love and met a few times and talked a lot and connected. I had a visit planned in and had 2 good weeks and fell more in love. I was invited to a friends birthday party in Las Vegas and at the end of the visit we got married. This was in May, we have now applied for I-130 and it has the status "received". I had to go back to my job and i am trying to visit as often as possible. 
I am planing to visit her during Christmas and then for a visit in January when we will have a wedding ceremony for family and friends since the first one was unexpected and just with friends.

1. As far as i have read from other threads, there wont be any issues with visiting and travelling in and out? does it change if it goes from "received" to something else?

2. Will there be any issues with me living in Ireland for the last 9 years?

Thank you in advance. Looking forward to hear from you

Regards

M

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
10 minutes ago, SweireP said:

Hi All, 

New member here and have been reading through the forum but have some questions. 

First a bit background, we met last year during a gaming event. Seems to be a few in this forum that has done the same from what i read. Shes a US citizen and i am Swedish citizen but I have been living in Ireland the last 9 years for work. We found love and met a few times and talked a lot and connected. I had a visit planned in and had 2 good weeks and fell more in love. I was invited to a friends birthday party in Las Vegas and at the end of the visit we got married. This was in May, we have now applied for I-130 and it has the status "received". I had to go back to my job and i am trying to visit as often as possible. 
I am planing to visit her during Christmas and then for a visit in January when we will have a wedding ceremony for family and friends since the first one was unexpected and just with friends.

1. As far as i have read from other threads, there wont be any issues with visiting and travelling in and out? does it change if it goes from "received" to something else?

2. Will there be any issues with me living in Ireland for the last 9 years?

Thank you in advance. Looking forward to hear from you

Regards

M

Regarding visiting it was no problem for me using visa waiver (esta). They always ask you some simple question at the border but its unlikely they do not let you enter. After all you started the legal immigration process which will be with high certainty approved. No reason to assume you might just cross the border to illegally immigrate. Problems usually only occur if you are from a non esta country and you try to apply for tourist visa etc. So in short - i dont think you will have troubles visiting as long as you are nice and polite to border patrol. Also don't think it's an issue that you have been in another country before but i have no experience with that. Maybe someone else in the forum with experience can answer?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Had no issues with spouse visiting the US while our I-130 was processing. Not sure why your having lived in Ireland would be an issue, assuming you are there and working legally. Most likely your interview would be through Dublin since that's your country of residence.

Texas Service Center / Dublin, Ireland Embassy

2017/11/18 - Married (L)

2017/12/21 - Sent I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox

2017/12/27 (+6 days, 6 days) - NOA1 (sent to Texas)

2018/06/14 - (+169 days, 175 days) NOA2 (Approved!)

2018/06/28 -  (+14 days, 189 days) "We sent your petition to the Department of State"

2018/07/09 -  (+11 days, 200 days) NVC received petition (had to call 7/11 to confirm). PIVOT case.

2018/08/01 - (+23 days, 223 days) NVC case created/case # received (email); AOS and IV fees paid.

2018/08/03 - AOS package submitted

2018/08/04 - DS-260 submitted.

2018/08/06 - (+5, 228 days) IV civil documents submitted.

2018/08/13 - (+7, 235 days) Case Complete "At NVC," and "Documentarily Qualified" CEAC message w/emails. Message to delete and reupload I-864 files (need to be uploaded on the same day) at 2 p.m.

2018/09/14 - ( +32, 267 days) Received Interview Appointment Email

2018/10/02 - (+18, 285 days) Interview at Dublin Embassy (PRAYING!) -- APPROVED 😍

2018/10/05 - (+3, 288 days) Visa "Issued" on CEAC Case Tracker.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.