LisaGhaz

How do they notify about approval or rejection?

6 posts in this topic

So my husband had his interview on 9/6 as I previously posted, was told to get 2 forms back to the woman in 2 hours. He did . She was annoyed. Since, my co sponsor has been investigated, he’s a FEDERAL COP and I am his baby sister .  Nothing cane up in their witch hunt . So HOW will my husband be notified? Mail? Email? Phone? The horrible hag didn’t say ! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, LisaGhaz said:

So my husband had his interview on 9/6 as I previously posted, was told to get 2 forms back to the woman in 2 hours. He did . She was annoyed. Since, my co sponsor has been investigated, he’s a FEDERAL COP and I am his baby sister .  Nothing cane up in their witch hunt . So HOW will my husband be notified? Mail? Email? Phone? The horrible hag didn’t say ! 

Was he given a slip at the interview?  What does your CEAC status say?

1 hour ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Was he given a slip at the interview?  What does your CEAC status say?

No slip was given and CEAC says ready for interview, like it did BEFORE the interview. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

13 minutes ago, LisaGhaz said:

No slip was given and CEAC says ready for interview, like it did BEFORE the interview. 

I know it's frustrating we also didn't get a slip at our first interview.   I would get in contact with the embassy.   I'm not familiar with Tunisia embassy but it looks like you can send them an email at TunisIV@state.gov 

Here is more info  https://tn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/after-the-interview/  

Embassy typically don't take phone calls for individual cases but you can try to give them a call, there is a number but email most likely will be the best option.   They  will probably tell you its in Administrative Processing and no-one can tell you how long it will take.  

It could be they just need time to process the documents you submitted.  After emailing them if you don't get any response you can contact your senator they can usually get an answer for you but give the embassy some time to respond to you first.

Also keep checking your CEAC for latest updates in addition to the status change to see if there is movement in your case.

If it changes to Administrative Processing you just have to try to be patient.  If it changes to issued he should have his visa in a few days or weeks.  If it changes to refused they either need more info or it could be a refusal for the visa.  If it says returned to NVC that means they are returning the case back to USCIS for recommendation of revocation.  

Edited by Ahmed&Freda

16 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I know it's frustrating we also didn't get a slip at our first interview.   I would get in contact with the embassy.   I'm not familiar with Tunisia embassy but it looks like you can send them an email at TunisIV@state.gov 

Here is more info  https://tn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/after-the-interview/  

Embassy typically don't take phone calls for individual cases but you can try to give them a call, there is a number but email most likely will be the best option.   They  will probably tell you its in Administrative Processing and no-one can tell you how long it will take.  

It could be they just need time to process the documents you submitted.  After emailing them if you don't get any response you can contact your senator they can usually get an answer for you but give the embassy some time to respond to you first.

Also keep checking your CEAC for latest updates in addition to the status change to see if there is movement in your case.

If it changes to Administrative Processing you just have to try to be patient.  If it changes to issued he should have his visa in a few days or weeks.  If it changes to refused they either need more info or it could be a refusal for the visa.  If it says returned to NVC that means they are returning the case back to USCIS for recommendation of revocation.  

Thank you 🙏🏻 

• 2 weeks later...

Normally a pink slip for accepted and a blue slip for rejection (even if they are just waiting on more docs to be submitted.) Surprised that your husband wasn't informed after returning with last requested docs.  Like the above says, keep checking CEAC or try to get in touch with your  embassy/consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.