Mydy

Anybody here updated their status at the Philippine Embassy?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! I tried applying for Guam State ID,  I gave them my Philippine passport showing my maiden name plus my Guam marriage cert. They denied my application saying that my passport should show my married name. I called the Philippine Embassy and they told me I needed to report my marriage at the Phil National Statistic Office and they can take care of that, of course, with a fee. I also need to explain why I reported it late in writing. Maybe I was told about it before but I honestly dont remember that i need to update my  record. Did anybody reported your marriage in the US to the Phil Embassy?  My passport will also expire next year and I also plan to apply for US Citizenship, and I think I need a state ID for that.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Mydy said:

Hi everyone! I tried applying for Guam State ID,  I gave them my Philippine passport showing my maiden name plus my Guam marriage cert. They denied my application saying that my passport should show my married name. I called the Philippine Embassy and they told me I needed to report my marriage at the Phil National Statistic Office and they can take care of that, of course, with a fee. I also need to explain why I reported it late in writing. Maybe I was told about it before but I honestly dont remember that i need to update my  record. Did anybody reported your marriage in the US to the Phil Embassy?  My passport will also expire next year and I also plan to apply for US Citizenship, and I think I need a state ID for that.

Most complete ROM (Report of Marriage) to the Philippine consulate just so they can get their Philippine passport in their married name.   My wife did this a few months after we were married.

As for applying for U.S. citizenship .. all you need is a valid green card.   no other ID is required.

I would suggest if you want a Philippine passport in your married name to get ROM completed, as for the explanation letter tell it like it is ... you didn't know it was something that needed to be done.  (actually ISN'T required unless you what your Philippine passport and other documents Philippine related to be in your married name)

Also!!!  I would suggest if you are going to file the N-400 soon for USC that you not bother with your Philippine passport (unless you have some travels soon) as it will become invalid once you complete the USC process.  You will have to complete dual citizenship and file for a new passport.

You can complete ROM, by mail, through the Philippine consulate representing Guam.  The consulate will forward the documents to PSA (no longer NSO) and return recorded copies to you.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

we did just that in April at a consoler outreach, quite simple, fairly inexpensive, then we followed up and updated PP start to finish was around 3 months total for both transactions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.