Enas

CEAC says Issused but Embassy says other wise

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I know this has probably never happened to anyone but I was hoping maybe someone could give me some advice.

My husband has his first interview at the Jerusalem Embassy on July 25 2018. They told him he had some paper missing and that he should send those paper in the mail with his passport. We did that the following day. After a week I go check his status on the CEAC website and it's changed to ISSUED. Of course we were excited.

I decided to email the Embassy to inquire about my son for a different matter after a week. The next day we get a phone calling telling saying that my husband has another interview on August 28 2018. Of course we start to wonder why they would want another interview. After two days I get another phone call and it's the Embassy asking some questions about my son. I start off by saying something like "Since my husbands passport is suppose to come in a few days." She stops me and says "Who told you that your husband got a visa? His passport is still here and it doesn't have a visa issued in it yet."

So now I'm even more confused. After 4 days they call AGAIN and tell us the reason for the interview is because we didn't provide recent taxes of 2017 for the person sponsoring my husband. We relax a little and think okay no big deal that can be dealt with. 

But today my lawyer sent me a email from the Embassy and it's the  DS-55351 and we have to fill it out. Now that just makes me even more confused as to why after two week s they would even ask for this.

REMINDING YOU THAT ALL THE WHILE THIS IS HAPPENING THE STATUS ON THE CEAC WEBSITE SAYS "ISSUED" and I don't know if I should cry or scream.

My husbands interview is tomorrow and I'm not sure what will happen. 

Any advice? 

Husband had his interview today and they gave him back his passport and he asked if that he was denied and they said no. But that this would take a month or two but that he wouldn't be denied.

i thought that maybe CEAC status would change to AP but it's still on Issued. I don't understand what's going on

No one has ever seen this? Can they do that though? Say that a visa has been issued and leave it as issued? I've read people being stuck in AP for 14 months. But it's even more nerve wrecking because my husbands status won't change from ISSUED. Even though his passport was returned to him.

Also we were never given a slip or a 221g refusal. The woman at the consulate even told my husband that they are not denying him a visa but that it will just take a month or two. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.