Raibok

Form I-134 DV Lottery

7 posts in this topic

Hello, 

My wife was selected in the DV 2019, and we have submitted our DS 260 already. The thing is we should expect to be called to the interview around  January and our sponsor already sent us the affidavit of support with all the supporting documentation. (In July)

I wanted to know if by the time we have our interview this Form 1-134 and supporting documentation will still be valid or should we request it again before the interview? 

Thanks in advance!

Also I wanted to know about the supporting documentation, my sponsor provided the following as stated in the instructions at USCIS webpage:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details

regarding the account:

(1) Date account opened;

(2) Total amount deposited for the past year; and

(3) Present balance.

B. Statement(s) from your employer on business stationery showing:

(1) Date and nature of employment;

(2) Salary paid; and

(3) Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

He also provided financial information about his assets and shares.

However I am concerns because he didn't provided the W2 nor 1040 forms. Would this be a problem?

Thanks in advance!

On 8/24/2018 at 7:39 PM, Raibok said:

Also I wanted to know about the supporting documentation, my sponsor provided the following as stated in the instructions at USCIS webpage:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details

regarding the account:

(1) Date account opened;

(2) Total amount deposited for the past year; and

(3) Present balance.

B. Statement(s) from your employer on business stationery showing:

(1) Date and nature of employment;

(2) Salary paid; and

(3) Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

He also provided financial information about his assets and shares.

However I am concerns because he didn't provided the W2 nor 1040 forms. Would this be a problem?

Thanks in advance!

@SusieQQQ could you please advise on my request? Thanks in advance! 

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Hi,

I am not sure, where are you from. However following is the instruction i received from US Embassy in Colombo.

As you can see, they only need IRS Transcripts OR W-2/Form 1099. Dont think you need to provide bank statements, etc. However, my recommendation is to check with your embassy.

Regarding the i-134, there is a expiry date of the form. The current form available in USCIS web expires on 30/11/2018. So better to check that as well. Also, if your interview is scheduled on January, and if you get the IRS transcripts on July, it must be from last year. You will need transcripts from most recent tax year, which ended on 30th Sep. 2018?

1. Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) from the U.S. sponsor. You must provide one of the following documents to accompany the Affidavit of Support.

-      Internal Revenue Service (IRS) transcripts for the most recent tax year /

-      Federal Individual Income Tax returns with a copy of each and every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to the petitioner’s / U.S. sponsor’s returns.

-      Obtaining Tax Transcripts You may use IRS Form 4506-T to request tax transcripts from the IRS. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

• 4 months later...
22 minutes ago, Stacy K said:

Hey, I am a DV 2019 winner from Kenya , I was wondering, should the sponsor fill an I -134 or a i -864, and after they send it, do they mail the actual copies to me ? 

For DV if you need a sponsor it’s I134, you need to be able to present the original signed copy at your interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.