Sambar

When to book the interview

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone. I apologise if this has already been asked but I keep reading conflicting information. 

My case has changed to ‘in transit’. 

I have booked my medical for 25th September. I have my police certificate and all of the rest of the documents needed. 

As I understand, I now need to fill out the DS160 form? 

Obviously I won’t be booking the interview date until October because of my medical date but can I book the interview now for then? Or do I need to wait for the case to change to ‘ready’? Or do I need to wait until I have had the medical?

I have seen a variety of all of these options, I’m wondering what you have all done. 

Do you pay the fees at the same time as I submit the DS160?

Thank you for any advice you can give :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Here's the instructions from the embassy if you haven't seen them yet.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

They give you four steps to follow.

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Here's the instructions from the embassy if you haven't seen them yet.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

They give you four steps to follow.

Thank you. Yes that was the very thing that confused me. I was originally waiting for the case to change to ‘ready’ then I was going to book. Then I had seen on here people saying they booked it when it was ‘in trasit’. Then on that page it says to book after the medical. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sambar said:

Thank you. Yes that was the very thing that confused me. I was originally waiting for the case to change to ‘ready’ then I was going to book. Then I had seen on here people saying they booked it when it was ‘in trasit’. Then on that page it says to book after the medical. 

People cut corners. I just wanted to make sure you saw the real instructions from the embassy.  

Do what you want. People try all kinds of things. I would do the DS--160  first. If the system lets you in to make an interview appointment, then you're in. Pick a date at least 2 full weeks after the medical. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You can't book the interview without first completing the DS-160, as you'll need your DS-160 confirmation number to book the interview. Sometimes your case is ready digitally, and sometimes it's not. In my case I was able to book my interview whilst my case was in transit. If it's too early, it simply won't allow you to proceed. :) 

I'm glad I didn't wait, otherwise if I did I would probably not leaving until well after Christmas at the rate everything is going!

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Timeline
4 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

People cut corners. I just wanted to make sure you saw the real instructions from the embassy.  

Do what you want. People try all kinds of things. I would do the DS--160  first. If the system lets you in to make an interview appointment, then you're in. Pick a date at least 2 full weeks after the medical. 

Thank you for your help! I will do the form today and go from there. Have a great day! 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, LeesaMarie said:

You can't book the interview without first completing the DS-160, as you'll need your DS-160 confirmation number to book the interview. Sometimes your case is ready digitally, and sometimes it's not. In my case I was able to book my interview whilst my case was in transit. If it's too early, it simply won't allow you to proceed. :) 

I'm glad I didn't wait, otherwise if I did I would probably not leaving until well after Christmas at the rate everything is going!

That was my fear, I didn’t want to be waiting unnecessarily and it end up dragging on even more. 

Thank you for your reply. I think I will do the form today and go from there. Hopefully it allows me to book 🤞🏼

Have a great day! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Sambar said:

That was my fear, I didn’t want to be waiting unnecessarily and it end up dragging on even more. 

Thank you for your reply. I think I will do the form today and go from there. Hopefully it allows me to book 🤞🏼

Have a great day! 

No worries! Something I found out with the DS-160, it asks you to upload your photo at the end, but if you go through the steps and don't upload anything or it says your photo isn't good enough, then it will continue without it :) Have a great day yourself!

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Timeline
5 hours ago, LeesaMarie said:

No worries! Something I found out with the DS-160, it asks you to upload your photo at the end, but if you go through the steps and don't upload anything or it says your photo isn't good enough, then it will continue without it :) Have a great day yourself!

Thanks for the heads up :) I will have the photo scanned ready 

Timeline

You can get it booked before your status changes to 'ready'! Once ours changed to 'in transit' we booked. We weren't waiting for nothing! Go go gooooo!!! PS. Waiting times for interviews are near 5 weeks now (definitely if you can get it booked!) :) 

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
5 minutes ago, jakejon said:

You can get it booked before your status changes to 'ready'! Once ours changed to 'in transit' we booked. We weren't waiting for nothing! Go go gooooo!!! PS. Waiting times for interviews are near 5 weeks now (definitely if you can get it booked!) :) 

More waiting... What a surprise! Now I'm even more stressed about filling out this stupid form. 

When is your interview? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sambar said:

More waiting... What a surprise! Now I'm even more stressed about filling out this stupid form. 

When is your interview? 

The 21st Sept. We wanted a good few weeks between our medical and interview. I didn't mean to stress you out but I'd rather be honest as I'm sure we are all sick of waiting! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.