Flamexd

Sealed documents envelope

6 posts in this topic

Just now, Flamexd said:

Hi,

My spouse got approved for her us immigration visa and just recieved her visa and passport from the courier service but she was told that from 2018 they are not doing sealed envelopes at port of entry and everything is online. Can snyone confirm it or have any information about it?

If your case is pivot (that is where you upload documents instead of mail them in) then everything is done electronically, and she will not be given the sealed enevelope.

Just now, Flamexd said:

Yeah i uploaded everything, but what i am concern about is medical report which my spouse took with her to embassy and since it was sealed we never uploaded it but embasse did keep all the reports with them though.

The embassy will upload everything that needs to be in her file. Don't worry, quite a few persons  went through the process with no problems.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 8/20/2018 at 8:04 AM, Ann&James said:

The embassy will upload everything that needs to be in her file. Don't worry, quite a few persons  went through the process with no problems.

Is there any official information about it on any of the government websites? Seems like this is a brand new process, but even the countries who participate in electronic processing and therefore do not require envelops anymore still have the information about envelopes requirement on their Embassy website. The thing is, if you go through CBP and the officer is unfamiliar with this new development they might turn you away because there is no official info about it. And that is troubling. 

I have no official information, but you can read this person's experience about the envelope. There are a lot of info and people's experience on this forum.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.